Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home about half-hour ago. Here are some initial pics I took. Notice how it JUST fits in the garage (WHEW!). I let the sonar guide me in, it worked perfectly.

Couple of observations on my first ride. I drove about 40 Km (24 Miles) taking the "back way" home. Paved country roads with hills and valleys etc. I reset the avg. mileage meter at the dealership. So it reads 14.4 L/100K (16.3 MPG US) after that drive home. Not bad for an initial drive! Range shows as 670 Kms (416 Miles).

Also, I have read comments about the roof line/windshield junction being too low for tall drivers when looking forward. I noticed it is a little lower than my Highlander was. However, it really is the sunvisor that hangs low. I swung it out of the way and my sight line was much higher. However, I found it fine just they way it was.

So, VERY VERY happy so far!

Here are the pics:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrats! Looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Congratulations! I guess in Canada the SR5 models come with a body colored front bumper? Looks nice.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats Another Slate DC in Ont is a good thing.
which dealer did u use????
It's actually black. But the lighting level was low when I took the pics. Bought it from Milton Toyota. We've dealt exclusively with them for 10 years now and this is our 4th vehicle from them. They treat us well. Service dept. is top notch and very honest.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Nice truck. Looks great. They are fun to drive.
looks great! fun to drive is a understatement the wife says she has never seen me smile this much, everytime I get out my mouth hits my ears:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
SeaDragon,

Congrats man... Bet you will sleep tonight, atleast dream pleasently. Same here I was scared going in the garage, it just cleared the mirrors open by about 3 inchs each side. I picked mine up at 1:00 today, and just couldn't find my way home. This truck is awesome. I can honestly say who would buy anything else, they would have to be out of there mind. I did some work, on mine, installed some bars, and did 3 steps of wax. I went over it with a fine tooth comb, and all I found was the back drink holder was stuck open, little push on plastic and fixed.

I love the drive, so smooth. Thanks to all TS members in getting me there, you all have been great.

It is late tonight, but I am taking some pictures in the morning and post tomorrow.

Good Luck man...

·
Registered
324 Posts
very nice, welcome to the club!

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Nice truck...:tu: :tu:

I was being nosey too..I said the same thing..:eek: :D
I thought the same, but I bet he has an RV. She's a Butte.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tundra madness baby! Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Sweet ride!

Welcome to the forum.

Your truck is about as tight as mine in the garage. What sucks is when you need to get something off the shelf next to the truck! I just parked my truck tonite & i remembered i left a cordless phone on the lower shelf. So i had to wind down the back window & climb to the other side to get it! Oh well.

Sonar comes in very handy though, don't it?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for your replies guys. LOL! Too funny how you all noticed the antifreeze. It's just windshield washer fluid. I don't have an RV or anything. I just got tired of running to the store for washer fluid, so now I just buy a case of 4 at a time. The pink is summer fluid that contains detergent and the green is winter fluid.

I took the truck out for a spin around town last night to see what the headlights were like. I am quite impressed. They do seem to shine a little high, but no one flashed me so I guess they're okay. And my average fuel consumption showed an even better reading of 13.9 L/100K (16.9 MPG) when I got home. I'm very happy with these numbers so far. From what I understand, this will only get better as the engine breaks in.

·
Registered
197 Posts
And my average fuel consumption showed an even better reading of 13.9 L/100K (16.9 MPG) when I got home. I'm very happy with these numbers so far. From what I understand, this will only get better as the engine breaks in.
Haha ...don't count on it ....mine started as 16 mpg also now its 13 and dropping.....and thats after a new tonneau cover... as time goes on the foot gets heavier 'cause you crave that wide open throttle sound and the rush of power is addictive.....good luck holding back

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just got home about half-hour ago. Here are some initial pics I took. Notice how it JUST fits in the garage (WHEW!). I let the sonar guide me in, it worked perfectly.

Couple of observations on my first ride. I drove about 40 Km (24 Miles) taking the "back way" home. Paved country roads with hills and valleys etc. I reset the avg. mileage meter at the dealership. So it reads 14.4 L/100K (16.3 MPG US) after that drive home. Not bad for an initial drive! Range shows as 670 Kms (416 Miles).

Also, I have read comments about the roof line/windshield junction being too low for tall drivers when looking forward. I noticed it is a little lower than my Highlander was. However, it really is the sunvisor that hangs low. I swung it out of the way and my sight line was much higher. However, I found it fine just they way it was.

So, VERY VERY happy so far!

Here are the pics:

Sweet looking truck, and congrats on not having to modify your garage.. :)

GOOD LUCK though on getting 400 miles from a tank. Unless, you have 2WD? I think I am getting around 370-380/per tank but not running it completely empty. Averaging 17.36 Lets see, 17.36 * 26.4 = 458.304

So all is good you can get that. Just that the light comes on for fuel, and you can get 22 gals in until full. The other 4.4 gals is hidden somewhere! :)

Enjoy the truck, it is sharp. I got Radiant Red, but like that black too! Someone here posted it is the fastest as well!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts