Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some posts on this, but haven't seen any install pics yet.

I'm not really liking the factory installed shifter, but kinda like the aftermarket toyota shifter

Does anyone have some pics, or comments on this?

thanks
Mark

see attached

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I think that the length of the shifter column is an issue. I have yet to see a picture of this shifter on an actual console. I'm afraid that it will be somewhat tall i.e. more than six inches above the console. It all depends on how the shifter is attached.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
I think that the length of the shifter column is an issue. I have yet to see a picture of this shifter on an actual console. I'm afraid that it will be somewhat tall i.e. more than six inches above the console. It all depends on how the shifter is attached.
The TuRD shift knob probably attaches to the shifter the same way that the stock one does. Just a screw on. It's probably pretty deep to, and you'll end up with a knob that's the same height as the stock. It's Toyoter, so they'll keep things consistent and user-friendly.:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The TuRD shift knob probably attaches to the shifter the same way that the stock one does. Just a screw on. It's probably pretty deep to, and you'll end up with a knob that's the same height as the stock. It's Toyoter, so they'll keep things consistent and user-friendly.:)
thanks for getting back to me, does anyone have one of these installed yet?

A picture would be a great help

thanks
Mark

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
I work at a car wash and yesterday a new CrewMax came in.
From the pics of that shifter, I expected it to be huge, but it wasn't.
To me, it actually seemed smaller then the stock shifter.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I replaced my stock shifter with the TRD shifter and like it MUCH better! It actually looks nicer and more conformed than the cheap plastic stock shifter. The TRD shifter is fairly heavy and solid metal. Plus, it accents the silver tone of the interior and feels great to the touch when grabbing it to shift. Overall, a more "sporty" feel and IMHO looks better. I will post pics sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I replaced my stock shifter with the TRD shifter and like it MUCH better! It actually looks nicer and more conformed than the cheap plastic stock shifter. The TRD shifter is fairly heavy and solid metal. Plus, it accents the silver tone of the interior and feels great to the touch when grabbing it to shift. Overall, a more "sporty" feel and IMHO looks better. I will post pics sometime tomorrow.
Thanks for the reply Paul, looking forward to seeing some pics.

I was thinking it would look really nice.

Mark,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the reply Paul, looking forward to seeing some pics.

Me too! :ts:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Replaced My Shift Knob With A Momo Carbon Fiber. Looks Great And When Someone Comes Out With A Dash Kit To Match, It Will Really Pop!!!!:d :d :d :d

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice shifter boot. What level dungeon master are you?
No dungeons and dragons,:mad: just horsepower and style. It increased my ponies by 15 (in my fantasy world).

·
Registered
226 Posts
You gotta like a guy who gets the joke and can take a joke!!:D :D :tu:

I knew us Tundra guys were all alike. Bunch of smartazzs in big trucks with permagrin.:D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts