Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone shipped rims? i'm trying to sell my rims and i'm willing to ship, but the problem is i haven't been able to find a box that looks like it would hold up or keep the rims from damage during shipment. any suggestions on shipping? thanks!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Safest? I would think individual boxes. Maybe get some boxes from a tire shop from newly installed rims. Wrapped in that styrofoam type paper at least around the rim edges.

·
Leader of Group Evil
11,253 Posts
here's what i did...see if you can bogart a couple large monitor boxes from work (yours or someone elses work), get a couple more for packing material. cut up the other two boxes and double wall the boxes youll actually use to ship, fold triangles to fit in the corners and hold the rims in place, and set two pieces of cardboard between the rims. add more cardboard as necessary. carpet remnants from the home despot work well too. i sent my old rims in two boxes, it worked quite well.

-sean

·
Locked in for life
1,118 Posts
Simias said:
has anyone shipped rims? i'm trying to sell my rims and i'm willing to ship, but the problem is i haven't been able to find a box that looks like it would hold up or keep the rims from damage during shipment. any suggestions on shipping? thanks!
I just recently shipped some rimms to NY that I sold on eBay. Here's what I did.

I went to the UPS store with the rims. Had one rim weighed and measured. Bought a box that would fit two of them stacked on each other. Wrapped rims individually with bubble wrap, then put a couple of pieces of cardboard on the bottom of box (more cushoning) in between the rims, and on the top part of the box. Taped, guestimated the weight (1 rim x 2 + 7lb for packing of box) Then I did the same for the other two rims. I think the boxes ended up costing $15.

I shipped them from home, it is cheaper if you have a UPS account, they come right to your house and pick them up. I think I charged $75 for the shipping (this included both boxes, not each) and it actually came to $45 or something. I didn't think it was going to be that cheap.

·
Premium Member
6,435 Posts
Simias said:
Stop by a wheel and tire shop to see if they have some boxes you can use.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all for the tips! :tu: i'm gonna see if i can get some huge boxes. since my rims are 20s i'm gonna need extra large boxes plus some extra space on the sides and top/bottom for some cushioning. again thanks all!! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
hope everyone is fine, I am Mathew new member of this forum I am happy to join you guys,
I was searching for the best auto transport service provider in Baltimore, some of company are fame but its expensive but I searching for the reliable which I can afford it, I have search auto transport name "All state to state auto transport company" which I can afford but looking for any other to compare the prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts