Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been hundreds of threads, and I've read many of them...but let me ask.
I have an 03 2WD Tundra TRD Step-side with 55,000 miles. It still seems to ride pretty nice but how will I know when it needs new shocks? When I do need them, what is the best set up? I looked up the 5100s on line and the information is that they are for off road (I don't ever do that). Also, I don't haul or tow much. I do drive it pretty hard when I am enjoying the supercharger. I am not worried about what the cost is, just the best shocks I can put on the truck. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I don't know about the handling of the 5100's but I have been very pleased with the "HD" shocks/struts . I also do not off road or load it down very badly. I believe the warranty was lifetime for the "HD" units and much more limited on the "5100" because it is assumed to be a racing/off road part. I'm gonna duck behind my desk now before all the hard core off roaders start throwing stuff at me. Scott

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I believe the warranty was lifetime for the "HD" units and much more limited on the "5100" because it is assumed to be a racing/off road part.

The 5100s also have a lifetime warranty. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts