Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I get out of my 2008 Highlander I get shocked like a static charge, is this normal and is it correctable? I was watching something on TV awhile back that cars were catching fire while refueling.
Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
78 Posts
Doesnt happen to me often but then again I have an 04, but could happen for tons of reasons...What happens if you put a sheet of fabric softener in your pocket? or maybe rub it against the seats,door etc...They say that should reduce static shocks

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Everytime I get out of my 2008 Highlander I get shocked like a static charge, is this normal and is it correctable? I was watching something on TV awhile back that cars were catching fire while refueling.
Thanks
Joe

Once you touched the fuel door to open it, you are discharged. Yes it is possible for a car to catch fire when refueling, but it isn't very likely. It's more likely to happen when a person gets back into the vehicle. Most is media sensationalization, otherwise it would happen more often. Don't believe everything you see on TV (or read on the internet).

·
Registered
185 Posts
This happened to me all the time. Got fed up with it and ended up getting a static strip from Canadian Tire. Haven't been shocked since. It works.

It looks like this (note: this is just a pic I found on the net, when you install it, make sure it drags on the ground):

1 - 4 of 4 Posts