Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull the trigger on an order of Bilstein 5100s from shockwarehouse, but I am concerned about their reputation for slow delivery and credit card screwups. What is the consensus on that outfit?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I am about to pull the trigger on an order of Bilstein 5100s from shockwarehouse, but I am concerned about their reputation for slow delivery and credit card screwups. What is the consensus on that outfit?
I ordered my Bilstein HD shocks from them two weeks ago and they arrived in less than a week. $300 delivered so you can't beat that.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I picked up mine from them -- no problems. Fast shipping. Cheapest price on the net. they were in stock. I've read folks experience issues with back-orders, but to some extent you have to expect it if the price is right.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I got 5100's from them with no issues and they had the best price at the time.

·
Supporter
111 Posts
Great price, however I had the misfortune of them being back ordered from the plant in Germany.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts

I orderd a set on sept 9 , called on sept 17 to see what the satus was. Got them here on the 18th Sat. Now just have to find the time to put them on.

·
Preferred Dealer
90 Posts
Thanks for all the responses guys, glad you all were happy! :cheer2: We usually ship out orders either on the day they are placed or on the next business day, the big exception is manufacturer backorders, which we don't have control over.

As far as billing issues, sir we do over 40,000 cc transactions a year and yet we have had 27 people report fraudulent cc charges in 2010. That is a rate of .000675. Of these 27. 5 were stolen cc which we can't help. The other 22 were people challenging re-stock fees. Why such a low rate? Because we do not charge until something is shipped. Google and Paypal payments we do not control, these are done immediately by the 3rd parties Paypal and Google. We will refund anyone's order when charged by Google and Paypal upon request.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Does this mean one of your employees stole credit card numbers? Not very clear.
Good point! I am wanting to order from them soon. Any deals on Bilstiens coming soon?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just ordered Bilstein 5100s for my 2010 and low and behold they did not fit (some 2010s and all 2011s have a new strut mounting plate). Not good considering I had to pay the mechanic for the failed install which was not cheap. The mechanic scratched them up trying to install them so they are no longer in like new condition.

Pros: Shocks were in stock at a good price with pretty fast shipping.

Cons: Shocks did not come with a reciept
Shocks did not fit even though it was the correct part number for my vehicle
Must send an email to get the RME or whatever number so you can return them
20% restocking fee
Shipping them back costs a pretty penny
Must be in resellable like new condition.

Basically, I could pay to ship them back, take a 20% hit and hope they are considered in like new condition. This would include finding new shipping boxes since the shocks expand once you cut the plastic ties. Had they fit, I would have been another happy customer. However, it's really a gamble because if they don't your up a creek.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I just ordered Bilstein 5100s for my 2010 and low and behold they did not fit (some 2010s and all 2011s have a new strut mounting plate). Not good considering I had to pay the mechanic for the failed install which was not cheap. The mechanic scratched them up trying to install them so they are no longer in like new condition.

Pros: Shocks were in stock at a good price with pretty fast shipping.

Cons: Shocks did not come with a reciept
Shocks did not fit even though it was the correct part number for my vehicle
Must send an email to get the RME or whatever number so you can return them
20% restocking fee
Shipping them back costs a pretty penny
Must be in resellable like new condition.

Basically, I could pay to ship them back, take a 20% hit and hope they are considered in like new condition. This would include finding new shipping boxes since the shocks expand once you cut the plastic ties. Had they fit, I would have been another happy customer. However, it's really a gamble because if they don't your up a creek.
Put them up for sale in TS classifieds, at worst case you take a shipping hit. Sorry to find out they dont fit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I purchased 5100's for my previous Tundra with 0 issues. I would use them again. I recommend calling to check inventory rather than ordering online.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts