Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my engine light was on and i took it to a service center and they diagnosed it with a faulty catalytic converter...switched it out...but they broke 1 of the 3 bolts holding it on. and they can't seem to be able to drill a hole to make a 3rd bolt. I had to have the car back so they put it back together and the engine light is off so far. tried several places and nobody seems to have the equipment or perhaps know how to fix that.

So how important is it to have all 3 bolts on this thing? It drives ok so far...Do I have to have it done? I figure the dealer could do it if I had to...

2001 regular ol v6 tundra with nothing extra...
O2 sensor replacements less than 1 year ago...
Otherwise nothing more than regular maintenance repair bills..

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would tell whoever you had do the cat replacement that they need to finish drilling and tapping a new hole for a bolt. That way you can make sure there is a good seal.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
The third bolt is needed otherwise the joint will flex over time and blow the gasket out, drilling and tapping a hole should not be beyond the scope of a reputable service facility, sometimes location makes it a bear but it is always possible, never fun. Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts