Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nooooo!

The california emissions will bite you in your a**!

Florida is a far better choice.
Did these trucks actually get different emissions hardware in California or are you talking about some kind of fee? I haven't had any problems with mine yet but would like to know if it has different hardware. When I was looking for my 4WD, there were tons of 2WD non-rusty options there so I'd still be inclined to go that route. Although cheaper markets would be better.

Looking at RockAuto for emissions parts, I'm not seeing something that would be non-CA vs CA...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did these trucks actually get different emissions hardware in California or are you talking about some kind of fee? I haven't had any problems with mine yet but would like to know if it has different hardware. When I was looking for my 4WD, there were tons of 2WD non-rusty options there so I'd still be inclined to go that route. Although cheaper markets would be better.

Looking at RockAuto for emissions parts, I'm not seeing something that would be non-CA vs CA...
Specifically, not certain. Standard toyota has pre-cats under the exhaust manifolds and tone of other expensive grief. I have seem several of those cars junked because of calif emissions - it simply is not cost-effective to fix them.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts