Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
There are a few options. RCD makes a lowering kit that uses Bilstein front lowering struts, Belltech has lowering struts, and TRD also has Bilstein struts all made to be used with lowered Tundras from 2007+.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
springs control the ride height.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Springs usually do affect ride height, but there are companies that are making struts with adjustable spring perches so ride quality isn't affected as much. The Bilstein front strut sold by RCD has different spring perch locations that allow from 0-2" drop and the Belltech strut uses the same idea, but allows from 2" drop to 2" lift.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
thats kind of cool. the spring still does control the ride height. but i guess a drop strut is a real term now. lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome! I had the bilsteins similar to these on one of my vw's, didnt know those existed for our trucks! Just ordered a pair, thanks Drivensite!

·
Registered
383 Posts
You're welcome Jason. I'm glad I found these too. Might pick up the Belltech struts tomorrow so I can adjust the front height and combine it with the McGaughy's spindle if I choose to go lower later. Which struts did you order?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts