Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to buy a 2002 Rav4 L with only 30,000 miles on it for $7500. It would be for my daughter (17 and a new driver) and I am concerned about all the ECU and Tranny issues in my research on this vehicle. The car has most of the bells and whistles and has been garaged kept, driven only locally, no accidents and well mantained by a retired couple here in Florida. How often did/do these issues occur? Is it something I should expect to happen? Is there anything I can do to avoid having this occur and then having to pay thousands for the ECU and/or transmission to get it fixed? Should I just skip it and buy something else? Any opinion or suggestion would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
First off, $7,500 for an 02 with 30k miles is a great deal, especially if it as nice as you describe. If you are worried about the ECU/tranny problem, you can get the ECU unit reprogrammed by a shop in New York for around $400. Search this forum or RAV4World forums for the ECU fix. I wold buy this vehicle for my daughter in a heart beat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts