Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 06 tundra double cab. the main issue i have at this time is the head light and tail light assemblies keep popping out from the little plastic/rubber holder. Does anyone else have this issue? and is there a simple solution other than dabbing liquid rubber or shoe goo?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been looking at a 1st gen '04 Tundra that i'm seriously considering buying. This would be used as a daily driver. It has 114K miles and they are asking $9,995. Does this sound like a decent deal? The truck is very clean and seems like it was extremely well taken care of. Only 1 owner and had regular maintenance done religiously according to the carfax. I guess my main concern, is it difficult to find parts for a truck that is already 16 years old? I know it's a Toyota, and most Tundra's are known for going 200k-300k miles with no major issues, but given the age would this be a bad purchase? I appreciate any feedback/advice!

Side note: I would want to do some simple mods like a newer radio, small lift, tires, wheels and running boards.

View attachment 151892

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's the latest sir on your hunt? Great trucks for sure but I am curious if you've given any thought to the next generation 2007+ double cab with the 5.7ltr and is a 4x4 a must on your list of wants/needs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an '03 Access Cab. Paid the same in 2012 with 42K Miles. It was a California truck. No rust. The owner repainted it and added in New tires, brakes. It's been a good truck. No issues. I have 130K today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been looking at a 1st gen '04 Tundra that i'm seriously considering buying. This would be used as a daily driver. It has 114K miles and they are asking $9,995. Does this sound like a decent deal? The truck is very clean and seems like it was extremely well taken care of. Only 1 owner and had regular maintenance done religiously according to the carfax. I guess my main concern, is it difficult to find parts for a truck that is already 16 years old? I know it's a Toyota, and most Tundra's are known for going 200k-300k miles with no major issues, but given the age would this be a bad purchase? I appreciate any feedback/advice!

Side note: I would want to do some simple mods like a newer radio, small lift, tires, wheels and running boards.

View attachment 151892

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought a 2006 double cab, fully loaded including sunroof and steering wheel buttons, everything available,
but leather and 4wd.
Mine is an SR5 DC with sunroof and without leather because I prefer cloth. That combination is hard to find! I love it! I love the simplicity and openness of the interior. I love the way it drives compared to the newer ones. And I much appreciate the larger bed as compared to the newer style 4 door trucks.

I will say, the power of the 5.7/6AT in the newer tricks is really nice though. If I was doing heavy towing I would probably suck it up and get a newer one for the power and ease of towing heavy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Update: I bought the truck last weekend. I’m now the proud owner of a first gen Tundra! This thing is super clean and was very well taken care of. I’m excited to start doing some small mods. Just ordered a Sony touchscreen, and LED headlights and fog lights! Thanks for the info and recommendations everyone, I really appreciate it!
D529B6D6-0F6F-46D1-B900-A43957B08A30.jpeg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I went with a Readylift 3/2 spacer and block kit. Replaced the ball joints while that was being done, but other than that they said the suspension still looks great. In the near future I’ll probably replace the shocks and maybe new UCA’s, but we’ll see. I’ve done enough damage to my wallet for now haha.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went with a Readylift 3/2 spacer and block kit. Replaced the ball joints while that was being done, but other than that they said the suspension still looks great. In the near future I’ll probably replace the shocks and maybe new UCA’s, but we’ll see. I’ve done enough damage to my wallet for now haha.
Looks really good. How would you compare the ride now to stock?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fine looking machine you got.

I bought my 2001 Tundra 3 months ago for $5000 with 171,000+ miles. Overall good condition for its age but like any vehicle its age not perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Looks really good. How would you compare the ride now to stock?

It's a little more rough than it was, but not bad. The improved look outweighs the small decrease in ride quality in my opinion. Overall I'm really happy with it and would definitely do it again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Fine looking machine you got.

I bought my 2001 Tundra 3 months ago for $5000 with 171,000+ miles. Overall good condition for its age but like any vehicle its age not perfect.
Sounds like a good deal! It looks like it's really clean and well kept. Nice find.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts