Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone-

I'm looking at a 2001 Tundra w/70 k on it. Looks like a nice truck from the pictures. Is there anything I should look for or be aware of on a truck with this mileage?

Any help is greatly appreciated. It's about 2 hours away and I want to do my homework first. The price is $16,600. It's a Limited w/Leather.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
247 Posts
That sounds like it is on the high side to me. I have an 01 Limited TRD 4x4 with every option but leather and 84 K miles. I'd be trilled if I could get that kind of price for it. Keep in mind its a 6 year old truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't started negotiating yet, but I was thinking I could get it for about $1k less than that. Seems like the blue book is about 17k. I'm going to offer 14,900.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I have an 01 Limited 4x4 with every Toyota option. I have 46,000 miles and it is a great truck with no problems. I will be happy to get $15000 for mine so I would not pay anymore than 14000 for his. Just my opinion. Other than the great resale on my 01, it has not given me a reason to buy an 07 yet. Still basically looks and drives like new.:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
just to chime in....i bought my 01 4x4 acess cab w/112000 about 1yr ago for less then 13k. I check the blue book and it was even more then before the 07 came out. so I agree with the other members it does seem alittle on the high end. If your paitent enough youll find one for a much better price........

BTW even with the risk of the high mileage it still runs like a lexus:)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Everyone-

I'm looking at a 2001 Tundra w/70 k on it. Looks like a nice truck from the pictures. Is there anything I should look for or be aware of on a truck with this mileage?

Any help is greatly appreciated. It's about 2 hours away and I want to do my homework first. The price is $16,600. It's a Limited w/Leather.

Thanks,

Chris
70K isn't high mileage for a Toyota, but keep in mind you have no idea how this guy drove those 70k miles. If the transmission drops out of it at 95k, it could run you an extra $3000. You may be better served to spend a few thousand more on a '04-'05 with a few less miles.

Check autotrader.com and see what other 01's are going for. Find a comparable truck priced at 13-14k, then give him a call and see if he'll entertain that price. That's a long way to go for him to say no to your offer.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Hi Everyone-

Thanks,

Chris
I have a 2001 also, and I agree that $16000 is too high. Here is a Kelley Blue Book estimate. Kelley Blue Book 2001 Tundra

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, thanks for the great advice. I'll try an offer around 14k. Maybe I can get some aftermarket insurance in case something major blows??

·
Registered
207 Posts
I bought my 2000 ac 4x4 limited with 99k miles on it 3 years ago for less than 16k, got the optional powertrain warranty for another 3yr-36k miles. Probably wasted the money cause this thing runs like a top. only replaced the oxygen sensor. Got 123k on it now with no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts