Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my exhaust done not too long ago and I bought in trd dual tail pipes and a magnaflow muffler. Some extension pipe was needed to connect the two so the muffler shop pressure bent some pipes and welded the system together.

The bend is right after the muffler and it looks like it's only 1.5-1.75 inches in diameter :eek: compared to the 2.5" of trd duals. Feels as though my exhaust gets crammed there whenever I hit the gas and doesn't seem to flow very well.
I found a mandrel shop (only one that I know of in Houston) that say they will do it for $100+.
My question is that will it be worth it to get it fixed? Does that pressure bend hurt my performance(feels like it does!)?

:ts: for any input

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Got pics? That seems kind of pricey for what it sounds like they have to do. I paid $125 for duals on my last truck and that included all the pipe, tips, and install.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly, I had them put on the system with the extension pipe for $150... I'll get a picture up asap!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures! And I took some measurements:
The bend is 2.0"
Extension pipe is 2.25"
Trd Duals are 2.5"
Muffler 2.5"

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also remember, even though it's crimped down to about 2" at the bend, you still have two pipes, so you've got a total of like 4" of pipe, which is still larger than the single stock pipe.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good point! thanks

·
Registered
665 Posts
Also remember, even though it's crimped down to about 2" at the bend, you still have two pipes, so you've got a total of like 4" of pipe, which is still larger than the single stock pipe.
Seriously? Two 2" pipes will flow half as much as a 4" pipe. It will take four 2" pipes to flow the same as a four inch pipe. Basic math, think back to the area of a circle...pi*r*r

Either way dude, will that pipe inhibit your flow...yes. If you are seriously in it for the performance then I say replace it. If you were just after a little tone and throttle response, I say let it ride...:beavbutt:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts