Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I trade? :confused:

There are compelling reasons to do so, but also NOT to do so. My rationale is below. Please note that I change vehicles on a frequent basis, so overall, financial responsibility is not a consideration (I'm too far gone, lol). :ballchain:

Pros of Buying Tundra Limited Crewmax
  • 0% financing versus the 5.9% I have now (took the $3,500 instead when I bought the Sequoia)
  • Lower payment for same term (not looking at 72 versus 60, etc)
  • 2 model years newer
  • Additional warranty (Sequoia has 17,000 miles now)
  • Factory navigation (OEM look and don't have to work around the fact that no one makes an install kit for the new dashes)
  • Utility of the bed (still had a Lightning when I traded my first Tundra)
  • New features I don't have now...Optitron gauges, more buttons and gadgets, etc.
  • Trucks are projected to hold their value longer in the next few years compared to mammoth SUVs as the market moves toward crossover SUVs and more fuel efficient vehicles
  • No plans for kids
Cons of Trading in Sequoia
  • 1 additional year of financing (I'm 1 year into my current loan)
  • Rolling in some negative equity
  • Losing passenger capacity
  • Prefer the look of the Sequoia front end
  • Have already owned a Tundra
  • Factory navigation (does not have the functions of my Acura navi, smaller screen and less features when compared to aftermarket)
  • Genuinely like the Sequoia; only SUV I've ever owned compared to many pick-up trucks.
  • Lose the coilover rear suspension
  • Will have owned 3 Tundra-based vehicles

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
keep what you got its effin awesome

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
IMO, get the Tundra. The feeling of getting a new vehicle is incredible and it sounds like you want it and can afford it. And like you said, you change vehicles frequently so if the timing is right, i.e. lower payments, 0% etc. then why wait.... DO IT, DO IT!!! Oh yea, and once you get "truck" blood, there's nothing like having a truck!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Look like you're leaning toward the tundra....

Girl looks cool in tundra than sequoia... LOL.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I voted trade it in for the Tundra..... :D

From what I can tell you do have a tendancy to switch cars and trucks often so its not a factor of cost but to if you can lower the monthy payout and interest rates its probably a good thing. Plus this will be a move up for you also to a newer Tundra from your last one. Now the question what color are you thinking ? White or Black ? ;)

The only real reason I see to not do it is if you truely need that third row seat if not go for it and save some money and get something newer and you can begin modding again.

Go do it.... :boink:

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I voted trade it in for the Tundra..... :D

From what I can tell you do have a tendancy to switch cars and trucks often so its not a factor of cost but to if you can lower the monthy payout and interest rates its probably a good thing. Plus this will be a move up for you also to a newer Tundra from your last one. Now the question what color are you thinking ? White or Black ? ;)

The only real reason I see to not do it is if you truely need that third row seat if not go for it and save some money and get something newer and you can begin modding again.

Go do it.... :boink:
Well, I really wanted the red rock interior, but the only ones that have been built are all...BLACK. Sigh...I said I would never buy another black Toyota...at least one that is 202 black. My truck looked three times its age with all the swirl marks and other paint trash.

So then I wanted a Radiant Red exterior, but the next one isn't being built until March 30th, with an availability date of 4 to 6 weeks after THAT.

Now I'm not really sure what I want? :confused: I like salsa pearl, silver sky, and blue streak, and I'll do anything but the graphite interior.

·
Registered
422 Posts
TUNDRA. get that 0% and a newer vehicle while U can. I'm partial to silver sky, but that salsa red looks SWEET in person. probably would go that route if I was in the market today.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You'll be "losing" a year of car payments and you're rolling over negative equity... To get the same basic thing.... I'm not sure I would do it. Of course, if you got a case of the wants, no one is going to be able to talk you out of it.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'll be "losing" a year of car payments and you're rolling over negative equity... To get the same basic thing.... I'm not sure I would do it. Of course, if you got a case of the wants, no one is going to be able to talk you out of it.
True on the first part, but the 0% comes pretty close to making my negative equity equal to my finance charge. So, I either pay interest now, or negative equity with the new deal. Just a matter of what I want to be paying on!

P.S. don't reply to my thread with a picture of a SWEET blue streak crewmax!!! You're not making this any easier, lol. :attention:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well, I gotta say, I am happy with my Limited Crewmax in Blue Streak Metallic. :D

Zero percent financing is a good thing. It's always nice to use someone else's money for free. I just don't know if there's enough difference between the Sequoia and Tundra to the point where I would make the move. I'd really try to work on the delaer, though. I bet they would like to move some vehicles right now.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
third, does the new one have the auto adjusting headlights? will your retros work? are you going to keep the same wheels and move them over? if not, just send them to me. i'll hold them for you till your next vehicle purchase. :)

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got rid of the wheels.

I can switch the retros over, but I will lose the auto adjusting feature. Not that I really care about that!

·
Registered
753 Posts
i voted keep the sequoia. I look at a sequoia as higher class. I want one badly for my wife.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I got rid of the wheels.

I can switch the retros over, but I will lose the auto adjusting feature. Not that I really care about that!
I can confirm that the wheels are gone and look AWESOME on my truck.

·
Registered
722 Posts
blue streak crew max or double cab fa sho. get a limited or platinum and then have the seats re done in a red rock like color. thats what i plan on doimng eventually

1 - 20 of 30 Posts