Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have less than 2 years left on my lease of my 06 DC XSP, I purchased my color matched A.R.E tonneau bed cover and had it installed a few weeks later, I know they are expensive and some people could use it more than the dealership. Is it worth me turning it in with it still on, or remove it and sell it to someone that will appreaciate it. My last truck I owned I traded it in with the tonneau on because the price was right, now that it's a lease what do you think I should do?

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Keep the tonneau cover, you can sell it here and make a few bucks, rather than letting the dealership benefit.

I'm sure you can easily find a buyer on this site.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I agree, keep it. U nless the dealership is going to give you something for it. If they do, leave it on. I personly find it a PIA selling suff on line. Thats just me though.:)

·
Registered
455 Posts
It depends

Well, that's assuming he's selling the leased vehicle to the dealership rather than turning it back in to the bank. The bank owns the vehicle, and the price is already set. I would list the vehicle with the tonneau cover on it a few months before the lease is up for a grand or two more than what you would personally buy the vehicle for if you decided to keep it.

The last two leases we had we purchased the vehicle outright, and made a few thousand selling it ourselves. That price is set artifically low in case the bank needs to ship the car to auction for quick sale. The last thing a bank wants to do is sit on a vehicle and lose money.

What is the buyout on your lease when it's up? How many miles do you think you'll have on it at that point?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: It depends

Well, that's assuming he's selling the leased vehicle to the dealership rather than turning it back in to the bank. The bank owns the vehicle, and the price is already set. I would list the vehicle with the tonneau cover on it a few months before the lease is up for a grand or two more than what you would personally buy the vehicle for if you decided to keep it.

The last two leases we had we purchased the vehicle outright, and made a few thousand selling it ourselves. That price is set artifically low in case the bank needs to ship the car to auction for quick sale. The last thing a bank wants to do is sit on a vehicle and lose money.

What is the buyout on your lease when it's up? How many miles do you think you'll have on it at that point?

Lease buyout will be approx. 12,000 and I will have no more than 36,000 miles on it. I am aware of the mileage issue's and since I have a company vehicle I only drive my truck for leasure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts