Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
It has been a wile since I saw you last post. So, You SOLD your Sequoia and by looking at your Garage it looks like you got a Scion huh??? Most people I know that have had a truck and went to a car don't last all that long. Everyone I know ALWAYS goes back to a truck within a year. How are you doing?? Do you miss your Sequoia? Or do you still have the Dodge?? I personally could never trade my truck in for a car, I won't even try it out. I do have a few sports car's for playing around but they are by far not every day drivers. Johnnnnny
Yeah sorry this is late...haven't been on in a long time. Yeah i sold my Sequoia because i didn't need it anymore. We have 4 dodge rams just at my house not including the three we have as work vehicles and the 4.7 just couldn't compare to my 5.7. Yeah i broke down and bought a scion and i hate it. I got it in may of last year and only have 10,000 miles on it. I hardly drive it, i hate being low to the ground. Our one dodge has a 8 inch lift on it with 38's and when i get out of it and get into the scion i feel so small! Don't get me wrong its a great car but i am not a car guy. I love my dodges and in a year or so(maybe less) i will buy a 4x4 limited Crew Max and turn my 04 hemi into a badass rock krawler or something..haha

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here are a couple shots of mine. 20's but not lifted yet. I am trying to convince my wife (seems she drives it most) that we need a lift. She does like the pictures of the Sequoia in the first pics of the thread...so that is helping me out a bit!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like to get this set up on mine. Wheels do it justice.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Revtek will work on 4x2 and 4x4 trucks

·
Registered
14 Posts

Lets see your lifted Sequoia's.
  • High Res pics, lift and tire descriptions.
  • Any issues you've had.
  • If you need me to I'll host the hi-res pics so they don't suck your bandwidth.
  • PM me for hosting. I've collected several that I'll post here but would love to see some higher resolution photos
  • My favorites so far are 33 inch BFG AT on stock 17 inch wheels with a small lift.
Edited to show one vehicle per post to reduce confusion of lift / wheel / tire combos

This one has a revtek lift and bf a/t 285/55-20's. The wheels are American Racing Teron 20 inch wheels.

Who makes the brush guard and tail light covers?

·
Registered
206 Posts
It was dfunk's seq in this thread that originally inspired me to lift mine this past year. I get to join this old thread :D. Here's my 2002:

Bilstein 5100's front
Bilstein HD's rear
Daystar 2" spacer rear
Air-Lift rear
285/70R17 BFG AT/KO's
17 Inch Chrome Eagle Alloys
Spidertrax 1 1/4 inch spacers in front (not in picture above)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lets see your lifted Sequoia's.
  • High Res pics, lift and tire descriptions.
  • Any issues you've had.
  • If you need me to I'll host the hi-res pics so they don't suck your bandwidth.
  • PM me for hosting. I've collected several that I'll post here but would love to see some higher resolution photos
  • My favorites so far are 33 inch BFG AT on stock 17 inch wheels with a small lift.
Edited to show one vehicle per post to reduce confusion of lift / wheel / tire combos​

This one has a revtek lift and bf a/t 285/55-20's. The wheels are American Racing Teron 20 inch wheels.

what kind of brush guard is your Sequoia's? I have the same model that tilts when the hood is opened and one of my quick release bolts busted. I need a replacement and manufacturer.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would advice against brush guards and tail light covers, they don't provide much protection, and can cause more damage if they get hit

·
Registered
219 Posts
Those of you using the Bilstein 5100's, what did you put the lift at? 2.0, 2.5... let me know. How' the ride at the height you put it?

·
Registered
219 Posts
on another note, why are hardly any of the pictures working on this thread...?

·
Registered
11 Posts
After doing ton of research it looks like the main problem with stuffing a 285/75/16 or 285/70/17 on a tundra/sequoia is the upper control arm contacting the tire. That being said there are threads with guys doing 5100's, wheel spacers, uca's, etc just to get a 285/305 in there. I went the other not traveled path and picked up some 16x8 4.25 backspaced wheels and stuffed some 285/75/16's in there with no lift. It rubbed on the mud flaps so I took them off. It still barely rubs on the inner fender liner but after a trim it should be fine. Just a little experiment I plan to add the 5100's in the front to level the truck out.

So if I was to guess I'd say
255/85/16 (204mm tall) = stock wheels, pull mud flaps, trim liner
285/75/16 (214mm tall) = pull mudflaps, trim inner liner, max 4.5 backspaced wheel
295/75/16 (221mm tall) = pull mud flaps, trim inner liner, max 4.25 backspaced wheel, front leveled with spacers or 5100's
305/70/16 (214mm tall) = pull mudflaps, trim inner liner, max 4.25 backspaced wheel, front leveled with spacers or 5100's

Honestly you can get some steel wheels 16x8 4.25 for about $300 shipped, level out the front, trim, and run any of the four tires above. None of these tires need any lift to clear the rear. Some 285/75/16 will clear with no lift and some will rub a lot...YMMV. The 255/85 is the only tire I'd run on a stock rim, wheel spacers are ghetto. I'll post pics later. Hope this helps people as I spent two weeks looking through all the boards for good solid info....lots of misinformation posted.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'm not sure what has been posted that you've read but a 285 will fit on a stock wheel with a leveling kit or coilover up front with no trimming or removal of mud flap. I've run that set-up as well as the 255/85 with no problems. Could depend slightly on the brand of tire you run though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Big O, I'm guessing you had a lift to not hit the flap or liner. Notice how my post says nothing about a lift for the 285/75/16. You just have to have the correct wheel.

Here is mine with the 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers with 16x8 4.25 wheels, stock no lift.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Sorry itrack, I just noticed you mentioned the "front leveled" for the 295 or 305. Point taken...that's what I get for reading it too quickly! Looks good with the 285!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2006 Sequoia SR5 4X4 with Bilstein 5100 struts 2 1/2 lift , and Daystar in rear 2" spacer.
Wheels are V-TEC OFFROAD 17x8.5 with -6 offset, Tires are BFG 285/70R/17R ALL TERRAIN T/A KO.
No rubbing or problems, I love the way it handles. P1170536.jpg

41 - 60 of 99 Posts