Toyota Tundra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 and really like your truck. I have thought about a small lift but don't want problems. Have you had any problems with front end etc?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: revtek Lift 33" BFG AT

what kind of rock guards are those on your truck? they look awesome. I cannot find any good after market parts to trick out my truck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2002 that needs new shocks and tires. So I figure as good of time as any to lift it a bit. I think I'm going to use 285/70/17 toyo at tires and stock 4Runner sport rims. Now I find out these rims are a 30mm offset not 15mm like the sequoia. Will the spidertrax 1.25" spacers fix my clearance issues associated with the wider tire but less off set rim? Can I run 5100's in front and not lift rear and still maintain a good look, or will I get the classic 4Runner look from the 90's? And a diff drop. Trying to keep this a more budget friendly project. Will this setup work, or should I just get 265 tires and leave it at that? Just hope it won't be too tall for garage door!

·
Registered
20 Posts
BTT! Would like to see some more photos of lifted and build Sequoia's.

Strongly considering trading in our 99' 4R for a 1st gen Sequoia ('05-07 likely) but don't want to give up a bit of off-road prowess. And of course good looks!

Anyone??

·
14 SR5 Sequoia 4x4
117 Posts
BTT! Would like to see some more photos of lifted and build Sequoia's.

Strongly considering trading in our 99' 4R for a 1st gen Sequoia ('05-07 likely) but don't want to give up a bit of off-road prowess. And of course good looks!

Anyone??

I love my 1st Gen 06 Sequoia 4wd. I bought it to use it for recreation and it has worked pretty much flawlessly for 100k miles. It is a very tough and capable truck. Love my Coilovers and UCA's. I like the ride and handling better. It has a couple of quirks you will hear others talking about on here: transmission downshift clunk while sitting at a light (been doing it since day one); the gas pumps would stay in the gas tank fill opening. Other than regular maintenance and lots of tires, all I've done was repair a rear latch ($300), replace the windshield ($200) and replace driver seat motor (warranty). Couldn't ask for more! Check my pics and vids.

2006 Sequoia SR5 with Icon/DR C/O and Camburg UCA's in front. 2 " spacer and FJ Icon 5-7510 Signature Series shocks on the rear. Still looking for sliders. Still pics here Lots of video at
Canyon Sin Nombre
Dumont Dunes
Ocotillo Sandstone Canyon
Main Divide Road - Saddleback Mtn
Pinkham Trail (mins 1:45 and 6 to 8)
And more...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is my Sequoia, a 2002 SR5 with 228,000 miles. The list of components is as follows:
- Sway-A-Way coil overs (adjusted to 2in of thread on top)
- Camburg control arms
- Old Man Emu 862 springs on the rear
- Bilstein 5100s on the rear
- New sway bushings
- New steering rack bushings
- Level 8 Tracker wheels
- Cooper ATR 285/70/17 tires

I just returned from a 5,000 mile road trip and so far I have not had any issues. The trip took me through Moab UT, Denver CO and up to the dunes in Michigan. The front suspension has settled about 1/2 of an inch and I had to remove the front mud flaps on the return trip. The OME springs have softened up a bit when loaded but remain stiff, nothing harsh just noticeable over stock. I plan to raise the front coilovers another 1/4 of inch to return the front height. The Sway-A-Ways seem to be about a 2:1 ratio for "lift to thread showings on shock" (from the factory placement). Here are some pics from the trip.

Sequoia.Utah.jpg

Sequoia.Utah.2.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's a few of my 01. Specs in my sig...

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a baja rack and they used to list it for the 1st Gen Sequoia. It is the megamule.
Interesting, I was just talking to them and showed them your pic. The guy at bajarack seemed stumped, since it looks like you're bolted into the factory rack holes (with the factory rack removed). He actually asked me to ask you how you did that. The megamule is for mounting to the factory crossbars, he said....so did you make custom mounts or something? Or is he just a new guy who doesn't know that they used to make a fitament for the Sequoia?

61 - 80 of 99 Posts