Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , been thinking of a side step . . . just did a 3'' lift+aal and now sitting on 33's . . plus in June im having a 3'' body lift installed so i want steps that would work with the body lift . . been considering n-fabs . . but than idk bout how i like the way they look . . . idk guys any ideas would help . . do i even need them ? im 5'10 if that matters

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I'd save my money for the U-joints you may need.
too funny!

yeah i'd get the side steps if i had mine raised that much and i'm the same height as you. i have a 4x2 dc at stock height and i have step rails. i use it every time i get in. so does my girlfriend and she's 5' tall.

it is actually easier for my 77 year old mother to get in and out of my truck than it is for her to get in and out of her own car-a saturn. the step rail and the interior handle make for an easy entry/exit for her.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
My truck came with side steps when I bought it, and I never used them untill I did my leveling kit and I love em and use them every time now. I am only 5-6 and my wifes even shorter so she used them all the time

·
Registered
918 Posts
Depends on how hard of a time you and others have getting in, and also consider hoisting yourself up into a big truck without steps eventually causes wear and tear on seats. I was makin it into my 4x4 Crewmax fine with jumping up and using the grab handles but Mom is 5'2", Dad is 5'6" and partially disabled, and the future mother in law has a replacement hip. I like not seeing older family members look like they're in pain trying to get up there and the mod looks good to me. Now that they're there people find it easier than trying to fold themselves into a car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any suggestions which steps to get ? that wont look like crap with the body lift meaning they wont that the 3'' gap between themselves and the body and will kinda conceel the frame , i have seen some that work well just dont know which they are

thanks

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
you might check in the classified section. i believe that i have seen a couple folks selling factory step rails there lately. they usually put pics with them so you can check em out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mines works out great with the 3+3 lift. I'm using cabelas side steps they cheap and are pretty strong. I installed them without the bracket and just bolt to frame. Got them cheap using discount codes online. I will get some pic of my truck to show you.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Get the step bars because it will be easier on the wife. Plus she wont be complaining as much then. My truck isn't lifted and I'm 5-5.5. Girlfriend is 5-3 and she uses my step bars to get into the truck.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mines works out great with the 3+3 lift. I'm using cabelas side steps they cheap and are pretty strong. I installed them without the bracket and just bolt to frame. Got them cheap using discount codes online. I will get some pic of my truck to show you.
thanks bro , yea post them pics !

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

ok after every one stops drooling over this truck form a min or two, all it has is 3'' body lift on some 33's . but do you guys notice the big gap between the body and the frame mounted steps ?? i find that hideous !! i would like to find a company that instead of mounting to the frame they mount to the pinch weld or even if mounted to the frame the have an adjuster which can move the steps up 3'' to accommodate a body lift and hide the frame a little bit , i would hate to weld bars to the frame to make them work the way i want . even though it would b a hard job with gas lines a such on the drivers side . . . . . idk search continues post pic if you have 3+3 set up with steps , name your steps and price if possible !!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just don't use the brackets that drops the side steps down. you just attach the side steps to the frame using the holes on the frame that they wantedu to use for the side step brackets.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I normally think flames are for... flamers, but those do look good.
Now as far as the side steps go, I am 6' even and just do a lil hop maneuver to get into my truck. However, chicks do have a much harder time getting in and out, especially with skirts on.:heh: I have to date seen two different chicks rip their pants getting out, in the right spot.:heh: I'll never put those bars on, simply because it is a fat chick safety deterrent system! :heh: They can't get in!
I think it's ugly too when the steps are way lower than the body, it makes the gap that much more obvious. Have you looked into the side steps that are automated? I'm not sure who makes them, but my brother has them on his GMC(yuk, I know) and they are pretty James Bond. They come out when the door opens, and tuck away neatly when it shuts. I never noticed them until I went to drive his truck one day (and rant about how much better my truck is the whole time).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts