Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has an '07 DC and is looking for some tool boxes to mount in the bed. Unlike his former long-bed Chevy, he is not willing to put in the typical tool box that spans from one bed rail to the other and sits against the very front of the bed. He was hoping to find some that would fit along the bed rail and runs from behind the wheel wells to the tailgate. Something that is about 8-9" deep but won't interfere with the 4' of space between wheel wells (he hauls a lot of plywood). From a Nissan commercial, it looks like they sell tool boxes that integrate into the adjustable tie down system. I haven't seen anything from Toyota like that, nor do I know how you would slide it into the tie down rails since the very end of the bed rail has a section that pops out and would block anything from entering the slot. I told him it may take some time for aftermarket folks to design and build these types of tool boxes for the new truck, but have any of you seen anything yet? His searching has turned up nothing. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I too avoid the saddle-type tool boxes. My favortie has always been the Geneva series of tool boxes that fit between the wheel well and tailgate. If you lock the tailgate it is virtually impossible to get into one of these boxes.

Geneva Manufacturing Products- Storage Drawers: Signature Series

I like them so much I ended up installing two in my last pickup, left and right side. Whenever you need to work on an item you just drop the tailgate and there's all your tools. You can use the tailgate like a workbench. No more having to crawl into the bed to retrieve tools from the saddle-type box.

I have yet to install them in my Tundra as I haven't had the chance.

Be sure to measure your distance from the aft portion of the wheel well to the tailgate closed as I have always found in the past that I could install the longbed version in a short bed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts