Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use a set of these? Are they worth it? And do they increase wind noise?

If you could start all over would you install them again?

·
Registered
108 Posts
We installed a set of Wade window deflectors on our Highlander. They are good quality and look good but don't do much to keep the rain from dripping in the door and we find them to be a distraction when driving so I decided not to bother with them on the Tacoma.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had pairs on my 93 (not a taco yet) and 00 Tacos. They are ok, They keep the weather out best if you just crack the window. They do create a little wind noise, mainly noticeable with the window open. I thought they looked cool when I was younger, less fond of them now. If you live anywhere cold youll probably break a few sets over the years. Options after that are replacement or hours of removing the 3m film. :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had pairs on my 93 and 00 Tacos. They are ok, They keep the weather out best if you just crack the window. They do create a little wind noise, mainly noticeable with the window open. I thought they looked cool when I was younger, less fond of them now. If you live anywhere cold youll probably break a few sets over the years. Options after that are replacement or hours of removing the 3m film. :(
It was about -48C (-54F) about a month ago...

...I think I'll pass.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good idea, mine were really brittle in Montana, the lowest it would get is around -35F.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I bought mine hoping to keep the water from dripping onto the power window/locks. I've had other vehicles in the past where I've had to replace these switches. I've only had mine for a few months but have not experienced and water dripping inside.. at least not yet. They also took some time to get used to, when I first installed them and sat inside it had somewhat of a "tunneling effect" looking outside but now I hardly even notice I have them installed. I haven't experienced and rattling or wind noise and mine are the "in channel' type. I purchased EGR's because I thought they had a more sleek-custom look.
EGR SlimLine In-Channel Window Visors

1 - 6 of 6 Posts