Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't even get to drive her every day as I have another vehicle for work and don't always go out in the evenings. Just hate not having it in the driveway.

Fiance caused 4 gs in body damage to the passenger side in January. Paid cash to fix it. Both doors had to be repainted, one skin replaced, one straightened, bed side and cab corner re-painted.

Got back what looked like a perfect paint job, except one tiny spot on one door started bubbling and wrinkling after a few weeks from some sort of surface contanimation or moisture.

Upside: It's the only customer service experience that hasn't been a fight in the last couple weeks. Took about 2 minutes from the body shop owner taking one look at it to scheduling me for a full repaint on that door.

Downside: 3 days without my truck, and now I feel like I'll be spending the next 6 months eye-balling the job waiting for something else to go wrong.

I am still irritated that I have to deal with all the variables that come with an aftermarket paint job but I see nobody to get mad at. Fiance came out of pocket to fix it ASAP when I got home, and the body-shop owner is a stand-up guy who didn't give me any grief whatsoever about it.

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
That is tough as we all like to be mad at someone or something. In this case, if you get mad at anyone, you'll run the risk of jeopardizing something in your life (repair or relationship).

Keep your head up. I too drive a small car normally to work and back. My truck is my nice vehicle and I'd hate to be without it too. The only rationale that makes me feel good about it being parked is less fuel bills at the end of the month (not that I really care or mind them).

Hope the fix adheres well!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Sucks. I hate when others mess up my belongings. But they're just things, so they can be fixed...even if it takes a couple of times to be fixed for good ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts