Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of the slate a little more but the silver will show less dirt/dust and I'm a lazy bum. No black leather is available so interior color choice is a whole other problem... How easy is the slate to keep clean?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Go with Silver...I got Slate and don't want to see everyone else with it :devil:

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
If your lazy go with the silver. I got white because it shows less and I am lazy too! I've always had dark coloured vehicals tey look nice clean but when there not clean there not nice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a slate limited DC.It is almost as hard to keep clean as black,not quite but close.My 04 silver 4runner was the easiest vehicle i've had to keep clean,even when dirty it wasn't noticible until you were up close.That being said i do think slate is the best looking color for the tundra followed very closely by the dark blue.WHICHEVER COLOR YOU CHOOSE REST ASSURED YOU ARE BUYING ONE SWEET TRUCK.:D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your lazy go with the silver. I got white because it shows less and I am lazy too! I've always had dark coloured vehicals tey look nice clean but when there not clean there not nice.
You should have gotten silver bro. My Hummer is white and it shows lots of dirt, more so than the silver F150 that I previously had. It always looked clean (even when it was dirty) unless you got real close.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I would have but my dads truck, my moms car and my wifes car are all toyotas and all silver! I had to switch it up, and I wasnt going with another dark colour, white will hide alot of sctches and dirt I think! whats yur opion?

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
I like the look of the slate a little more but the silver will show less dirt/dust and I'm a lazy bum. No black leather is available so interior color choice is a whole other problem... How easy is the slate to keep clean?

If you don' want to wash it...get the champagne color..desert sand mica or some crap tlike tha?....yeah, it's a good color and dirt will blend in, because it's the same color :D I think it would look killer with the redrock interior

·
Registered
117 Posts
I prefer the silver, but regardless of which color you choose be sure to get the TRD package. The TRD wheels kick a$$ on both these colors!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you don' want to wash it...get the champagne color..desert sand mica or some crap tlike tha?....yeah, it's a good color and dirt will blend in, because it's the same color :D I think it would look killer with the redrock interior
Oh I will wash it plenty, probably every two weeks or as needed; I just want it to look nice all the time, you know. I don't want to have to wash it every time it gets a little dusty like with black/dark colors. And I do not like the sand mica color at all. That color should be reserved for sedans.

I actually did see one with Red Rock today as well and I'm not sure I like the contrast with all of the Silver on the dash and doors. And the grey and beige interiors the same old boring colors... Wish they had black leather.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I prefer the silver, but regardless of which color you choose be sure to get the TRD package. The TRD wheels kick a$$ on both these colors!
I do like the look of the TRD wheels. However, I don’t do any off roading and don’t want a rough ride as some have eluded to with the off-road suspension. Maybe it’s not that bad though.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Silver with graphite leather is what I decided on. Silver is classic, timeless, and looks good. Also, it is a color that is recommended for resale.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Silver with graphite leather is what I decided on. Silver is classic, timeless, and looks good. Also, it is a color that is recommended for resale.
Do you have a Limited or after Market (dealer port) leather? And if the latter, how is it?

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Oh I will wash it plenty, probably every two weeks or as needed; I just want it to look nice all the time, you know. I don't want to have to wash it every time it gets a little dusty like with black/dark colors. And I do not like the sand mica color at all. That color should be reserved for sedans.

I actually did see one with Red Rock today as well and I'm not sure I like the contrast with all of the Silver on the dash and doors. And the grey and beige interiors the same old boring colors... Wish they had black leather.
I hear ya on the sedan color!! LOL! I'm the same way about the dark colors...black, dark blue.... but I decided to get the slate, cuz I like it and hope that it won't get too nasty, granted farm work will make any truck look dirty.

I really like the red rock when I test drove it....wonder why they don't have black...makes no sense to me, unless it wasn't popular in consumer research due to the ***-stickiness factor when wearing shorts on a blistering hot day. :D:devil:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Silver sky for me here. I think the slate has too much blue in it.

My 02 was silver & it was clean looking even when it was dirty.

Now my 07 (salsa red pearl) is just the opposite, but had to have it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts