Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a Silver Sky Metallic Tundra and a matching LEER topper? I recently ordered a leer XR and the color is way to dark. I am wandering, if you still have your order sheet or receipt, what the color code says for yours if it matches? The order form I got from the Leer dealer says Toyota Silver Mist, I did not notice this until after the shell arrived. I also ordered the Thule trax and those did not come installed on my shell. To make it more complicated I ordered the shell through a dealer in Texas and a few days after it arrived worked moved me to NY. So now I am dealing with a leer dealer here, who is being very helpful BTW. So either Leer is a bunch of F tards, or the dealer I ordered from is POS. Anybody ever have problems sending one back to LEER?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dont have my build sheet handy, but here is a pic of mine on my silver sky. I wont bet money on it, but I seem to recall my receipt saying the correct paint color on it. I know they pulled the code from my door jam when filling out the order.

its not a perfect match, under certain light it seems to have a tad of brown in it? its not as silver colored, not as deep and rich.

id call it an 8.5 of 10, unfortunately silver is one of the harder colors to match.

I am fairly sure leer has 3 or 4 locations that build the tops, so quality may differ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Somewhere on this site there are pics of a Pyrite Mica Tundra with Leer camper shell and the color on the camper is too dark also... seems like they may not have colors dialed for their campers, which is ridiculous as that's pretty fundamental. Looks like you have to go with ARE or SnugTop to avoid color drama, but those guys are more money...

I should also say that I'm in the market for a camper shell for my Silver Sky double cab, but have already ruled out Leer due to color issues and general 3rd place rep for quality, when compared to ARE and Snugtop. Grumpy that a Snugtop Super Sport out the door is around 2500 bucks - whoa baby... That is crazy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am hoping, this repaint/send back goes well. Over all, I am already underwhelmed with the Leer quality. For 1700 bucks, I was expecting more. My pops has older Leer's and they seem to have a better quality.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That sucks, Nab - hope the re-paint looks great.

I had an ARE Z-series on my 2000 Tundra and loved it -the color match was excellent and the quality was top notch. So maybe next time try an ARE if SnugTop are not available in your area...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts