Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've done tons of searches, have plenty of bookmarks of pages that have lifts but I'm still confused. I'm not stupid when it comes to vehicles, but I don't know what's what when it comes to lifting and all that entails. Basically I want to just lift the front of the truck up an inch or two to make it even with the rear. I want something simple enough that me and my buddy can do on an afternoon, and something that won't set me back a grand. I have a 4X4 so I don't know if that affects anything. I read about some differential extender something something! Anyways what would yall suggest?! Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wheeler's Off Road

From the research that I have done, and reviews for a simple lift to raise the front get the top mount daystar coil spacers. Wheelers has the best price.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Either way you go yur gonna have to install diff drop spacers. They take 15min max to put in, after skid plate is off. I think it is to your best interest to ride in a truck with a coilover & then with a spacer. Then make your decision.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Either way you go yur gonna have to install diff drop spacers. They take 15min max to put in, after skid plate is off. I think it is to your best interest to ride in a truck with a coilover & then with a spacer. Then make your decision.
Sadly I'm the only Tundra owner I know withing a 500 mile radius (well people that I know personally) and finding someone that has a coilover or spacer would be even harder! I do want to get rid of that diving feeling into corners, is one better than the other?

And what exactly does the diff drop do? Does it literally drop the differential down?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sadly I'm the only Tundra owner I know withing a 500 mile radius (well people that I know personally) and finding someone that has a coilover or spacer would be even harder! I do want to get rid of that diving feeling into corners, is one better than the other?

And what exactly does the diff drop do? Does it literally drop the differential down?
This issue has been argued so many times on here. Both will help you dive into corners, but thats about it for the spacers. If 100.00 bucks is all you really have to lift yur truck then buy the spacers, they will lift it, but you lose alot of droop & ride quality. There really isn't any comparison at all when it comes to coilover vs. spacer, the spacer isnt even in the same ballpark. I really wish you could ride in both somehow. It would'nt even cross your mind to run a spacer. I have ran both in multiple trucks so yes I know the difference.

As far as the diff drop, it is a 1inch spacer that drops the diff down, so the cv's are at a better angle, which is much eaisier on the boots.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I will tell you one thing, the spacers are inexpensive and do not change the awesome factory ride. I have no problems with mine. If you go with spacer go alluminum.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I will tell you one thing, the spacers are inexpensive and do not change the awesome factory ride. I have no problems with mine. If you go with spacer go alluminum.
Im gonna have to disagree with the factory ride part, but I will agree with going only 2.5 on the spacer for 4x & aluminum for the spacer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts