Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 5.7L that keeps burning out lightbulbs on the front end. Both turn signal bulbs and headlamps.

I have owned the truck for about 18 months and have had one single bulb go out on the headlamp 3 times, twice on the passenger side once on the driver's side.
A signal lamp on the front turn signal has also burnt out twice, I can't recall which side.

The socket on the burnt out bulbs was charred on the edge from heat. I'm not sure how normal this is.

I replaced with a standard replacement each time. I don't think it is a problem with the lamps themselves. Maybe overvoltage issue?

I'm looking at changing the headlights to LED bolt ons and I am concerned about burning out an expensive LED assembly. Any comments or known issues?
thanks in advance,

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
100 Posts
If the tabs are not making a tight contact at the bulb, this can cause charring and overheat the bulb. Make sure the bulbs are making good contact and you have clean connections on all harness ends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the turn signal / DRL burn out on my 2012. I noticed then that the socket was charred. You can buy the socket separately that plugs into the wiring, so no wiring to do. The DRLs are on all the time, so the incandescents get very hot. I replaced both sockets and replaced bulbs with LEDs. No more burning. You will have to install resistors to prevent hyper-flash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts