Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the VaisTech SLS and a JVC Sirius tuner. It works exactly as advertised! The e7006 head unit works and tunes Sirius with 3 banks of presets off of the AM button. The VaisTech box even has an aux input for an additional device. The install was pretty easy...thanks to the fact that the Sequoia is so nicely wired. It took removing only 8 bolts and 2 screws to remove the Middle wood Dash, the nav/stereo unit, the center console and the big storage console that sits under your elbow.
Best of all....the rear DVD still works independently...all of this soldering and making "Y" cables that some here on this forum have done is completely unnecessary with this setup.

YES!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good to see you got it working. I would like to know more about the cost of the parts and your sources. Also, any more info on installation would be good. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$299 for the Vais SLS bought from VAISTech
$79 for the SIR-JVC1 purchased from crutchfield

Installed the Vais SLS underneath the rear half of the center console. Installed the SIRIUS tuner underneath the passenger front seat.

I utilized instructions on this website for removing the e7006 head unit and also instruction for removing the front and back halves of the center console.

Antenna wire was run underneath the carpeting and eventually behind the rear right sections of plastic and then up to the panels that frame in the rear hatch. Popped the wire through the grommet that is there that carries the wires to the spoiler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is your sattelite radio fully integrated with the navigation? Can you see details of your stations and songs on the screen?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes----
16 characters on the Title line
16 characters on the artist line

It works as though it was always integrated....and always should have from the get go!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks - I'll try this. I've attemprted previously to install an XM direct, using a SoundGate ToyXM devide and it did not work well. It cuts of my stereo (AM, FM and CD) periodically, for several minutes, before it resumes.
I hope that SoundLinq does better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes----
16 characters on the Title line
16 characters on the artist line

It works as though it was always integrated....and always should have from the get go!
I forgot to check with you: did your radio (JBL?) had a "sattelite" buton or you had to link it thru the CD changer port?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the e7006 navigation head unit. The AM radio button once all of this gear is installed goes like this AM-sat1-sat2-sat3-AM and round and round it cycles with each push.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a '06 Tundra with the E7006. I got the Vais SLX for the XM and couldn't get the the Sat function to work. It works in the CD mode, but it is really awkward to use. I called Vais and they told me that the Vais unit is working properly, but the problem is with my E7006. They said that the E7006 doesn't support the Sat function.

Did you have any problems getting yours to work?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts