Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for information for the past few weeks about how to change the xm tuner into a sirius tuner. The reception with sirius is so much better it's worth doing. I also have service with them now. So here's the deal for anyone who wants to know. The 2009-2010 tundras with xm,nav do not have a xm module. This service is built into the computer... The only option is to install a stand alone radio . I did a super clean install. I placed the antenna under the mesh grill by the center speaker removed the aux switch and hid it behind the dash. This is how the signal gets to the factory unit. I placed a blank back in that hole ($8 from dealer). I also removed the cigaret lighter and placed it behind the dash to plug the power into and ran all the wires through that hole . I then placed the radio in front of the hole ..very neat and clean. I used velcro to hold the radio in place. If anyone is interest let me know and I'll post some pic's.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd love some pics. I have a Sportster 5, and want it nice and clean. I use velcro on the back of it in my Freightliner and when I'm off for weekends and vacation I love my NFL.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I all so would like sirius instead of xm can you just take out xm receiver behind radio and install Sirius one. Then us existing radio.my truck is a 2011 with no nav.

·
Registered
93 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts