Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals I just got back to my parent's house where my Tundra has been sitting for a month and it fired right up!! It was like I had been driving it the whole time and it fired right up without any hesitation! Really impressed...Will be turning her in this coming week as the lease is about up but I thought I'd post this up here. More kudos to the Tundra!!:devil::tu::tu:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
not uncommon. my corvette would sit for 6 weeks or more sometimes never driven and do the same thing. our little neon we had sat out front for two months once cause we just didnt have the need to drive it and it cranked right up as well. so, um...not that big of deal :)

hows that new car doing though?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New car is great! Already added some mods...180 thermostat, diablo predator tuner with custom dyno tune, CAI and I have Nitto drag radials coming for her. I guess I've never let a car sit for that long...I was impressed when it started right up like I had been driving it every day like I always did.

·
Registered
167 Posts
winter before last my truck sat for 3 months. it was below zero in about 2 feet of snow and had no block heater. fired right up and drove right out. starts at -40 not plugged in too although I don't reccommend it.

how's that 300 treatin ya

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
winter before last my truck sat for 3 months. it was below zero in about 2 feet of snow and had no block heater. fired right up and drove right out. starts at -40 not plugged in too although I don't reccommend it.

how's that 300 treatin ya
The 300 is great. Its a real beast. I'm lovin it.:devil::tu:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Short-timer :D Enjoy the new car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The 300 is great. Its a real beast. I'm lovin it.:devil::tu:

Yeah, I wish they used some better plastics inside but that's my only gripe and easily, but not cheaply, fixed. I like to cover stuff with leather. Besides, that car has sooooo much more going for it, I think I'm splitting hairs at that point and it's definantly not a deal breaker. I expect to see some vids with flying rubber and lots of smoke.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Pretty funny... my (1993) Integra has sat for almost two years at one time and always starts right up (haven't driven it on the street for 9 years). The (1989) 4Runner just sat for 6 months and fired right up yesterday... both of these vehicles are or are getting close to being 20 years old.

This truck better be able to sit for a year without issues or there is a serious problem...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have any left over parts from the truck, or want to swap out rims? I have the ugly steelies! ha, I'm not to far from you I think.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yep. I work offshore for long periods of time (up to 4 months). Try to get the wife to start it every once in a while...("TRY")... and starts just fine. :tu:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 1996 Honda Civic. She sat up for 2 years. I checked the fluids in her. Added a little oil put a new battery on it and she fired right up. Little to no effort. That was 4 yrs ago. I drive the tires off of that little thing. It is hard to beat a Toyota or Honda engine...

:amen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts