Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one post real world pics of somebody siting in the back of a DC. Not alot of room in the back of my '00 my son is 5and he kicks the heck out the back of my seat. I'm 5'6" so pretty average height.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Can some one post real world pics of somebody siting in the back of a DC. Not alot of room in the back of my '00 my son is 5and he kicks the heck out the back of my seat. I'm 5'6" so pretty average height.
Why not take your undisciplined brat to the dealer and see for yourself? And 5'6" is not average, it's short! And...just messin with ya.

My guess is that if you're 5'6" you'll be up pretty close to the wheel and your son won't even be able to reach the back of your seat in the DC. Until he's 7 of course at which point he'd better be over his restless leg syndrome...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I am 6'5" and i have plenty of room in the back of the 07 DC. I would say iam above average so you and or your kid will have plenty of room. If i have room, everyone has room. If you don't believe me go down in sit in one, they are a lot roomier then the 1-gen.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm 6' and took this pic after test driving a DC. I didn't touch the seat, and didn't have it that far back to begin with. If the cut out in the back of the front seats weren't there, I wouldn't fit. There is very little leg room in the back of the new DC's. If there were, I would have purchased one. There is no comparison between an '06 DC and the '07 DC.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Plenty of room for someone our size. I am the same height, I adjusted the front seat for a comfortable driving position and then sat in the back seat, I had penty of rear seat legroom.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys and the pics oh by the way 5'6" is average for San Antonio where I live!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Plenty of room for me. I'm 5'11", When I took it for a test drive I had two of my friends rode in the back they're the same height as me and they said they had plenty of room.
Only time I'm short on room is when I put my baby in her car seat in back But, my wife sits in front of her and has to slide her seat forward. She's 5'3" so not a prob, but I wouldn't be comfortable sitting in that seat.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ha! and I thought everything was BIG in Texas ;)

I dunno...I'm from San Antonio and I'm 6'1"...my brothers are 6'4" and 6'6". I also happened to take both of them to the dealership to look at the new Tundra with me and even with the front seats positioned for my driving preference they both had room in the back seat of a DC.

Not sure why anyone would really "need" the extra room of the CrewMax...its not a movie theater back there :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm 6' and took this pic after test driving a DC. I didn't touch the seat, and didn't have it that far back to begin with. If the cut out in the back of the front seats weren't there, I wouldn't fit. There is very little leg room in the back of the new DC's. If there were, I would have purchased one. There is no comparison between an '06 DC and the '07 DC.

An 06' DC is an 07' Crew Max. Of Course the 2 DC's wont compare...
I dont think the 06' AC is any bigger than an 07' DC.

Something just doesnt look right in that pic. Your either a pretty large guy or slid forward some...

Personally speaking, There is plenty of room for me or my wife in the back seat of an 07' DC. Granted I'm only 5'8 and 160 lbs. Way more than enough for my 2 kids that are going on 4 and 7. Kids should be in seat belts and sitting still anyway. My kids anyway... ;)

Now I've got a couple friends that are 6'2 or 6'3 and near 240 lbs. They might not be super cozy in the back seat. My opinion tho, if someone to large wants to ride in the back of my truck and complain, They can buy their own truck and drive. :D I'll gladly sit in the back of theirs. And probably fit just fine...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't care if Mr. Toyota himself says it, but the '07 DC is not a pre-07 AC. The DC is still a DC. The difference is that the CrewMax is now the top of line, and there is no extended cab. Toyota doesn't need an extended cab because they added storage space behind the seat in the standcab (basically all an AC was good for).

The '07 DC has 3" less leg room than a '06 DC yes, but it has 6" MORE than the '06 AC (i'm rounding). If you need more than 34", get a CM.

The '07 DC has 4 real doors, just like the '06 DC. However, that AC only has 2 real doors.

The '07 DC is much more comparable to the old DC than an AC. I drive an AC everyday, and there is NO comparison with the '07 DC. The new DC is the new "mid-grade" model, which was the AC of old. That does NOT make it a new AC, it just means there's something better now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, MACSTER. Did'nt mean to hurt your feelings with that...

Regardless of how the doors open, comparing an 06' "DC" to an 07' "DC" is'nt apples to apples.

The 06' and previous "DC" should have had a "Crew X" name. ;)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
As far as the unruly kids go, I would rather have the seat closer to the front - so that each kids would be within easy whacking range! The Crew Max would be out of arms reach if the seat was slid back.:devil:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, MACSTER. Did'nt mean to hurt your feelings with that...

Regardless of how the doors open, comparing an 06' "DC" to an 07' "DC" is'nt apples to apples.

The 06' and previous "DC" should have had a "Crew X" name. ;)

If you want to judge a truck by the interior specs. Here they are. Taken from Edmunds.com.

2007 Tundra Double Cab
Front Head Room: 40.2 in. Front Hip Room: 63 in. Front Shoulder Room: 66.6 in. Rear Head Room: 38.7 in. Rear Shoulder Room: 65.7 in. Rear Hip Room: 62.6 in. Front Leg Room: 42.5 in. Rear Leg Room: 34.7 in.

2006 Tundra Double Cab
Front Head Room: 41.2 in. Front Hip Room: 59.7 in. Front Shoulder Room: 62.1 in. Rear Head Room: 40.2 in. Rear Shoulder Room: 62.2 in. Rear Hip Room: 58.3 in. Front Leg Room: 41.6 in. Rear Leg Room: 37.5 in.

2007 Tundra Crew Max
Front Head Room: 40.2 in. Front Hip Room: 63 in. Front Shoulder Room: 66.6 in. Rear Head Room: 38.7 in. Rear Shoulder Room: 65.4 in. Rear Hip Room: 62.6 in. Front Leg Room: 42.5 in. Rear Leg Room: 44.5 in.

Now do you still think the previous gen. is more comparable to a crew max than the double cab?

·
Registered
117 Posts
No worries, it takes a lot more than that to hurt my feelings. I just don't understand how anyone can compare the '07 DC with an '06 AC. The '06 DC is closer to the new DC than a '06 AC or '07 CM. I'm sure everyone with an AC (like me) sees the new DC as huge, and those with an old DC will notice there's a little less room.

Besides, it shouldn't be like comparing apples to apples. If Toyota didn't make the new style unique and different, then we'd always be stuck with an already used style. It shows creativity and a willingness to improve. Maybe that's why Toyota operates at a profit. Unlike say the Giant Colorado......er, I mean Silverado ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
As far as the unruly kids go, I would rather have the seat closer to the front - so that each kids would be within easy whacking range! The Crew Max would be out of arms reach if the seat was slid back.:devil:
This is where a tazer comes in handy ;). Maybe I should post this on the Official Suggested Improvements thread...seat mounted rear-facing tazers!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts