Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently experience beside a touchy pedal about a 1/4 inch slack in my gas pedal - called Toyota - solution: cut of pedal before they replace it.

Anybody else having this slack ?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Call your local deader and request for brand new gas pedal... telling them you won't accept the "cut" the pedal fix.

I'm bring in my truck for new gas pedal tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I had slack for exactly 18 hours since I went back next day to get new pedal assembly put in after they put in shim sham!

No cutting pedal in TUNDRA.

The slack was terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new assembly is only a little looser then stock, but very bearable. Dealer told me all I had to say was that I want assembly and not the shim.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yep! it is terrible.
Took the truck in yesterday for the new pedal assembly.
Toyota sent the wrong parts so it's gotta go back in next week. :mad:
I called corporate and they called my dealer. My dealer called me 15 minutes later and made the appointment. If the right parts had been sent I would be happy right now but they didn't so I gotta live with the jack rabbit for a few more days.

What a waste of time. They should have just replaced it to begin with!

Bill

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Yep! it is terrible.

What a waste of time. They should have just replaced it to begin with!

Bill
The pedal sells for 60 bucks and takes about 5 minutes to replace. I don't know why Toyota is wasting time (theirs and ours) and money over this issue having people make multiple visits.

An 8 year old with a socket wrench could do this...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Go back to the dealer and request the new pedal. I had a spongy one after the shim recall. Complained that it was to spongy over bumps. Didn't even ask for a new one. Dealer ordered a new one and had it installed yesterday. Much better now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts