Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
I bought black for the first time on this truck, and it is the last time I ever buy black again. The truck looks great after you wash it for an hour or so, or at night. But then dust hits it and it shows everything. My truck is even garaged every night, and every morning I have to dust it with the car duster. Water spots, desert pin stripping, left over wax, all are amplified by 10 with a black truck. I had a 2001 Taco d-cab that was silver, and that thing always looked good...so long story short buy the slate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Our 06 Rav4 is Flint Mica which I assume is probably pretty similar to Slate. I think it is a great color and it has a little metallic to it which looks good in the sun. First dark color car I've owned and it is high maintenence. I prefer my Silver Tundra. I can go months without washing and it still looks decent.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My '07 is Slate. It looks great, love the color. But it is high maintenace as it shows the dirt. My '04 Tundra was the Desert Sand Mica (I think that was what they called it) and it was by far the most maintenance free color you could ever ask for. I considered it again in my '07 but decided in a new truck I wanted a new color.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Black Rules

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Slate! :tu:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Black baby.....black!! My black Limited 5.7 just came in today with the redrock interior. The slate has a blue tint to it that I dont like...I wish it was more charcoal gray. Either way, make sure you get the redrock interior...it looks great with both colors:tu:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My past 4 trucks have been black and yes it is true that it is the hardest to keep clean. But when it is, man you can't beat the look!!! Also in my area(Ontario, Canada) the 07 CM Ltd only has redrock in black. Sweet combo. The grey and tan don't do it for me. Hope this helps. As the saying goes "Once you go black................." LOL;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey tornado 23,I work in Lancaster and i've seen your truck parked in front of porters,very nice ride.I also see you got it at Lancaster toyota,how was that experience? bought my 4 runner there and wasn't real happy with the sales staff so i went elsewhere for my 07 limited slate 5.7 tundra.I actually did try to work with them on this truck but the salesman seemed to lose interest when i didn't decide quickly which truck i wanted,i believe he thought i was just a window shopper.His apparent lack of interest cost him a sale ,I decided i'd spend my money elsewhere and i doubt i'll ever go back there again .Enjoy your truck they are awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts