Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was thinking about getting some aftermarket wheels and tires. I was wondering if anyone knows what the smallest wheel size is that can be run on the 07. I know it's got large brakes so I'm thinking maybe a 17 or 16.5. If anyone can answer this I really appreciate.

·
Registered
77 Posts
DON"T LISTEN TO UNINFORMED PEOPLE. i hate when people just regurgitate what they hear on the internet and perpetuate the damn lies! lol

just like you can fit 15" wheels on a 2004 tacoma that comes with factory 16" wheels, you can fit 17" wheels on the tundra... just need to do a little grinding of the caliper. but this is really is dependent on the shape of the wheel you buy and how much room you have to work with. walker evans racing is working on their beadlock wheel for our truck. they don't make 18" wheels, only 17" or 15". last time i spoke to them, they had drawings of our brakes laid out but i haven't heard if they are done designing the wheel yet.

there is a large list of 15" wheels that fit the tacoma on tacomaterritory.com. once people start buying 17" wheels and fitting them to our trucks, we can start a similar thread to INFORM PEOPLE. good luck!

·
Registered
479 Posts
you can fit 17" wheels on the tundra... just need to do a little grinding of the caliper.
Maybe it's just me,but I am thinking that very few people would want to grind on the calipers.That being the case,it looks as though the 18" wheel might be the smallest wheel to fit the 2007 tundra without modifications.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maybe it's just me,but I am thinking that very few people would want to grind on the calipers.That being the case,it looks as though the 18" wheel might be the smallest wheel to fit the 2007 tundra without modifications.
if you want to argue semantics, then you win. still, it is subjective since i don't think taking a dremel to a caliper for 10 minutes is modification... but some people on this forum think adding rubber floormats is a mod. whatever. good luck to the thread starter!

·
Registered
18 Posts
This was something I was also wondering about because I don't like how big the wheels are. I would like to run 17's like the white sema tundra, and 35's or 37's for 17's are a heck of alot cheaper than 18's. I peronally wouldn't mind doing a little grinding to save a few hundred dollars when I comes time for wheels and tires.

Thanks
PAtrick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts