Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
So what does everyone know about getting a plow mounted on the new Tundra? At the local dealer they have a Western on a reg cab 4x4 5.7. But from what I understand you can not put the plow on anything other than a reg cab. Actually I shoud clarify, a full size plow can only be put on a reg cab, all other Tundra models must go with a lighter duty plow. Any ideas or insight into this question? On the reg cab that I saw, the plow frame seemed VERY VERY VERY close to the ground, a lift would be in order on that truck, IMHO.

Zack

·
Registered
52 Posts
What does it say in your owners manual? I have seen people plow with an S-10 blazer 6cyl so I would assume it depends on the size of the plow. Most guys I know plow with either F-250, or 2500 ram (solid front axle).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What does it say in your owners manual? I have seen people plow with an S-10 blazer 6cyl so I would assume it depends on the size of the plow. Most guys I know plow with either F-250, or 2500 ram (solid front axle).

I know that most people use one of the big three to plow with, however I wonder what the Tundra will be able to push?

Zack

·
Registered
419 Posts
Not sure how much plowing you are planning on doing (commercial or residential)......

But, for the '00-06 Tundra, you can get a Homesteader/Suburbanite (Western/Fisher), Boss, Sno-Way, or a "light duty" personal plow such as the SnowBear.

I put an 84" steel SnowBear on my 06 DoubleCab late this winter and it is GREAT. I paid about $1000 for it brand new, it is available at Sam's, Tractor Supply, Home Depot, etc etc...... They have custom brackets for almost every truck out there and will probably have the 07 Tundra shortly. Sure, it's not a HD plow, but it works GREAT on my personal driveway;)

You may have more options that you think, check around a bit!

Ben

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I like my snow bear plow, waiting for new brackets to be made.I contacted snow bear and none yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a snow bear, same deal...no brackets available so I am modifying the brackets off my 1999 Ford Expedition. I'm told that the brackets are being tested by snow bear for the 2007 Tundra, so they ought to be available soon. As for the abilities of the snow bear, I plow 12 properties with mine and have pushed some fairly heavy snow with it. It's a bit of a pain having to get out of the truck to change the plow angle, but for the money ($1100.00) total cost, it does the job nicely.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
New Sno-Way Plow just installed two days ago. Will get some pics up soon. You will need to install a front leveling kit or it will be low in the front. I highly recommend the Toytech Kit since it will place some Pre-Load on the springs. I will measure the front drop as well. I also installed taller tires in 10 ply for stability and a little more ground clearance.

See pics in Gallery.

I have used many different plows over the years and the Snow-Way with Lexan Blade and Down Pressure is the only way to go for driveways. As a bonus you do not need the Light kit which saves weight and about $250 on the cost of the plow.

Also, the Plow is NOT Light Duty and is Full Size.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am looking to get a fisher 7.5 foot plow, supposely sits closer to the front of the truck and it weights 54 lbs less that the western 7.6 midweight that the dealer put on my truck for a day than took it back off cause not enough ground clearance. Any imputs?

·
Boy I hate the rain...
268 Posts
A guy in town here has a DCSB TRD with a fisher 7.6 and it sits fine from when I see him driving by.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Someone had posted THIS VIDEO in another thread awhile back. The truck appears to be a double cab. I don't know much about plows/brands so perhaps someone else can post their opinion/experience with the Nothman manufacturer. Hope you find what you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
If you are looking for a hot setup on your Tundra, this is it.

This setup is a sure thing...Downpressure plow that I can unhook in 45 seconds.. Connects in 3 minutes..no BS really it is that easy. I have used many many other plows and will never use anything but a Sno-Way. this is my 5th year using Snow-way.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just an up-date on the snow-bear plow and the abilities of the Tundra. I had some questions about modifying my original brackets from a '99 Ford Expedition and mounting them on the new '07 Tundra double cab. Getting the brackets sorted out was the hard part. There is NO problem pushing heavy snow with my Tundra. I carry about 800 to a 1000 lbs of bagged salt and sand in the truck bed and have pushed snow that is much deeper than the Snow-bear plow is intended to plow. It may take me longer to get the job done, but it gets done. And the my Tundra is up to the task. As a side note, I recently towed an '08 Dodge Ram 1500 (Hemi) on my trailer (6750 GVWR plus about 500 lbs in up-fit equipment, plus the weight of the trailer...well over 10,000 lbs). My customer is 350 miles away and there are some fairly serious hills in the way. I'm packing the 4.7 Liter engine and made out just fine. All in all, this truck is doing what I expected it to do. Money well spent.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I have plowed over a foot with my Snowbear. I have a driveway with a very steap hill and have to plow uphill part way,no problems. I modifyed my brackets from a 96 chevy. Snowbear is really losing out with their testing. I only plow my own driveway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts