Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a plow on their new 2007 Tundra? Just curious if the front end has been beefed up enough to handle the weight of a steel plow and not a "homeowners" lexan plow.

Ricey

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Any Luck with this?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Off a different forum:

Yes, you can. Arctic Snow Plows has an adapter mount for Tundras. However,
bear in mind that the Tundra frame and suspension are not built for heavy duty
plowing. You can use it for light duty, such as driveways, etc.

Arctic Snow Plows can be found at Welcome to Arctic Snow Plows Website . It has been
reported that many Costco and Sam's Club locations sell them as well.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I spoke to Mike at Donahoe today and he was very helpful. The Donahoes have a spring rate that is 25 pounds more per inch than factory. 650 versus 625 for factory. If I lift it 3.5" and then the plow goes on and compresses the Donahoe 1 to 1.5" and then combined with a taller tire, I should be fine. But were talking a lot of $$ to experiment.

If only someone would produce a variable rate spring like they have for the pre-07 models, my '05 setup was perfect.

If I could find out what the spring rate was for an '05 Tundra 4WD TRD that would really help as well.

Timbren springs that go where the bump stops are is also an option If I could get them long enough to compensate for the 3.5" lift.

I have used most of the plows out there and the Snow-Way plow with the Down pressure system is by far the best out there for driveways. It is the only plow I will use as it saves me so much time (25%). They have a mount for the '07 Tundra now and a wireless joystick setup to boot.

I had a accident 2 weeks ago that wasn't my fault that totaled my '05 and broke a vertebrae in my back. As long as I can stand the pain and doc says I can, I want to be plowing again this winter. Let's share information on this and figure out a setup, before winter gets here.

Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hooked up my 8 foot Fisher plow this past winter and plowed a few driveways to see how the Tundra would do. I was surprised on how well it handle the extra weight, and how well it pushed the snow. I know that fisher is coming out with push plates for the Tundra soon. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I hooked up my 8 foot Fisher plow this past winter and plowed a few driveways to see how the Tundra would do. I was surprised on how well it handle the extra weight, and how well it pushed the snow. I know that fisher is coming out with push plates for the Tundra soon. Hope this helps.
So it handled the weight of the plow OK? You didn't happen to measure the sag did you? Realizing there will be some "rake" to it, I like the truck as close to level as possible with the plow on it. I was able to achieve this with all my other Toyota's with plows '85 truck, '95 4-runner, '05 Tundra.

Thanks for the info !

·
Registered
150 Posts
You just need to have some custom coils made to handle the plow. Call Coil Spring Specialties at 785-437-2025. I own a spring shop and they build all of my custom coils. Will take about 4-6 weeks but shouldn't snow before then.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
You just need to have some custom coils made to handle the plow. Call Coil Spring Specialties at 785-437-2025. I own a spring shop and they build all of my custom coils. Will take about 4-6 weeks but shouldn't snow before then.
Thanks, I am on the phone with them now...Will post an update.

Update:

New Springs - to hold 500 extra pounds, 1/2" of lift added in - $250... :)

Then I can add a spacer lift kit ...after I see how the ride height actually is with the new springs.

Sweet, and the right way to do it.

Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious how you hooked it up... any details are appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts