Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ack!!!! We had a huge 2' storm a couple weeks ago, and I used my plastic shovel to gently ((I thought without touching the hood(again, I thought)) remove the snow from the hood... and this past friday, noticed these long scratches/scuff marks in what looks to be the clear coat. I'm going to take my Porter Cable RO buffer to it tonite and see if I can get rid of them!!!! I'll post pics later.

God, I hope they come out!

Then, my son calls me Saturday night to tell me that his friend backed into my front bumper with his tow hitch... I looked at it Sunday morning... ack... I'm thinking I can bang it out, but I'm not sure (Thank god it's chrome, and not painted, painted I'd be screwed).

-Garth

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Most of the snow removal scratches I have had to deal with over the past months have been minor. Some Optimum Compound and a cutting pad/polish pad combo will knock them right out.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I got most of them out.

Using Menzerna IP. I ran over it a couple times. There's a little bit left that you can see if you look at it just right in a good light. But if you look at it normally, you can't see it phew... last time I do that!

-Garth

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Did IP finish down like you like, or did you follow with FPII?

I am getting some of the old stock PO85RD soon, I am excited to see the diff between that and FPII!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might hit it with FP II,

I'm not sure yet, it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went back and did the FP! Wow, it looks almost as good as new! Maybe shinier than when it was new! It has a deep look to it now! I finished it off with Z2.

-Garth

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
FP is a great polish to put under Z2. I love Zaino very much, I just hate falling to the hype of Zaino being "gods gift to cars".

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It took me about 2 min's

last night, to mix up the Z2 with ZFX, then another 2-3 to apply it to my hood and front fenders... Waited 45 min's to let it glaze (went and ate dinner), came back out, and wiped it off with a white towel... voila... very nice!

The thing I like about Zaino products from what I've used so far, is they last a long, long time. Better than anything else I've tried (and I haven't tried it all by any stretch of the imagination) and for what I use it for, it seems extremely easy to apply. I'm not into taking my cars to shows. I just want a good lasting quality paint protector and I use the leather products too because I love the way they make my leather seats feel. I use 303 for all the rest of my vinyl/rubber. (I wrote up my detailing process somewhere else here if you want to search for it)

-Garth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts