Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been driving my dad's 2004 Ford Excursion for the past week b/c my truck has been in a body shop due to someone backing into my front bumper. wow.......i was so glad to be back behind the wheel of my Tundra today! the giant ford excursion has nothing compared to the feel and power of the Tundra. i must say, the excursion handles like a tank! good lord, i could go on for hours about how much better the Tundra drives compared to that lumbersome domestic they call an suv :p

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um ok.....random. it's my screen name on several other boards, but yeah, it explains itself. i'm an asian dude driving a tundra. pretty straightforward there, and if you're trying to pull some sort of racial crap...lol....enough said. i frankly don't care.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
um ok.....random. it's my screen name on several other boards, but yeah, it explains itself. i'm an asian dude driving a tundra. pretty straightforward there, and if you're trying to pull some sort of racial crap...lol....enough said. i frankly don't care.
I think that's awesome! We live in an overly politically correct world as it is, so I think your screen name is brillant - great to hear someone still has a sense of humor!

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I am sorry to briefly high jack this thread! You can change your screen name. Ask one of the Admins. They changed mine for me.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

·
No job too small.
2,206 Posts
We have a respectable Hmong community here who prefer Toyotas. So, Tundras and T100s usually contain an Asian or 2 (or 6+ -- known insultingly as "Hmong Packing") anyway, it's easy to find a well cared for Tundra driven by a person of Asian descent. OK, *****. It also makes it easy to sell a used Toyota.

Dave the cat doesn't ride in the Tundra, even though he's of Asian descent. He sheds.

·
Registered
561 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
back to the original point of this thread.....tundra > excursion:D
You won't get an argument from me on this subject - rather self explanatory IMHO

·
LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!
1,267 Posts
i've been driving my dad's 2004 Ford Excursion for the past week b/c my truck has been in a body shop due to someone backing into my front bumper. wow.......i was so glad to be back behind the wheel of my Tundra today! the giant ford excursion has nothing compared to the feel and power of the Tundra. i must say, the excursion handles like a tank! good lord, i could go on for hours about how much better the Tundra drives compared to that lumbersome domestic they call an suv :p
Well, you can be comforted by the fact that Ford discontinued the Excursion SUV a couple (or more) years back. It did fit a market and I think discontinuing it was both a mistake, and a good decision. People used it as a big SUV people hauler, as well as a toy hauler (tow truck) too. I wouldn't use the Excursion to make such a broad generalization about all domestic SUVs being lumbersome.

Yes, the Tundra (both past and current models) models are good trucks. Mine was awesome and never really gave me any mechanical problems other then the lower balljoint recall and the fuel filler neck problem. I traded mine in, and downsized, to a Honda Ridgeline for hauling more people and other reasons.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with the older Tundras, or even the new 2007 but I'd give it at least one full model year before getting the new one. Being a guinea pig/lab rat is never a good thing.

·
Registered
144 Posts

"Dock that ***** a days pay for nappin on the job" Great name by the way. I hunt with a bunch of asian guys and they all drive toyotas. I guess that is why I get along with them!!! Or should I say that is why they put up with me....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Someone at my work drives a newer excursion. It is good if you need to shuttle people off to the airport or 10 kids to school, but if for normal/towing duty, there are other better options. Sit in the back of one and you feel like you are in an old school bus. The diesel version doesn't get bad mileage though. It just seems a little overboard for what some people actually use them for.

The Tundra > in my opinion. But then again, that is coming from an Irish bastard. :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the only reason we have the excursion is b/c of the ridiculous deal we got on it from a dealer brand new, and we needed something with a little more interior room than the tundra for when we tow our rv....it's not fun to squeeze 3 adults, 1 teenager, and 2 toddlers into a 1/2 ton truck :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I bought my Tundra in Feb 2000 it was big enough for the 4 of us. 2 adults, one 9 and one 7 year old. Now it is getting a little tight on anything over a 3 or 4 hour trip. I keep thinking about upgrading but the thought of another payment changes my mind. The 95 camry we have still does the trick on longer drives.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I was recently working on a job which was a fair hike back into the woods, lots of mud and ruts and hills.

One guy brought his Expedition, I think he said it had fulltime 4 wheel drive.

It was the last time he took his truck, he wanted to drive with me instead, said it was bouncing all over the road and sounded like it was going to fall apart. Everything was rattling like crazy and he wasn't happy with his traction.

So I had 4 adult men in my truck, ranging in height from 5'11 to 6'1 and weights between 170 and 230. And I have the Access Cab!

After driving in with me he was really impressed with the Tundra.

·
No job too small.
2,206 Posts
Absolutely positively my favorite movie.

"That's HEDLEY!"
Mine too! "Where're all the white women at?" "Pitter, baby." "Twelve snitzengruebles are my limit!" ;) - Sheriff Bart

Tundras > Fords: I'm working for a couple who own an Expedition. Windows are falling out of it. The hatch window has literally fallen off the SUV twice, and the driver's side window came out of it's track once. They bought it to tow a single horse trailer but they're not happy with the power, or mileage. They've been asking questions about Tundras. It should be an easy sell since they love their Prius.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts