Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed on the crewmax; I think it's butt ugly and the bed is a waste of time. What is this, a Toyota avalanche? :D

So I drove a dual cab limited(what else) white 4x2 TRD off road, shifter in the console. That shifter is really slick. :tu:

I've read folks compare the 07 dual cab to an AC...I don't see how unless they've never seen an AC. It's apples and oranges. On the other hand, dual cab up to 06 is just like the inside of my Sequoia without the third row seat.

Sweet truck, I noticed the "drive by wire" hesitation I've heard some call it---I call it downshifting. ;) BTW, my 05 does it, too.

Overall impression(oh yeah it will haul a$$)... I like my 05 better. The 07 is bigger, but what's the advantage to that?
I dunno right yet.
Maybe later, but I'll keep the 05 for a couple hundred thou. :p

I didn't hear any knock when I cranked it.

Kurt

·
Registered
877 Posts
sounds like you suceeded in talking yourself on to another planet, well done mate.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That is not acceptable behavior around here. You must leave now. The 2007 Tundra is the World's best truck. If you can't accept that get the hell out. Well, that is some would like you to think. :devil:

·
Registered
877 Posts
chill out kurt, just having some fun with you. If you don't like the 07, just say you don't like it, instead of calling it names.

·
Registered
213 Posts
That is not acceptable behavior around here. You must leave now. The 2007 Tundra is the World's best truck. If you can't except that get the hell out. Well, that is some would like you to think. :devil:
yeah, That's right...:cool: :devil:

·
Registered
699 Posts
I dont mind hearing other peoples opions, it gives me more reasons to think why my truck rocks. but I dont make fun of people stating their opions. to me the new tundra is a pefect size as I do alot to towing and hauling and dislike diesals. therefore it is a perfect match for me.others who dont need it for its size but need a new toyota there is a tacoma wich is pratically the same size as the old tundra. all they need to do is drop in a 4.7 and the taco would be one sweet truck!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is not acceptable behavior around here. You must leave now. The 2007 Tundra is the World's best truck. If you can't accept that get the hell out. Well, that is some would like you to think. :devil:
OK you buncha avalanche lovers, I'm leaving!

:D :D :D NOT :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
OK you buncha avalanche lovers, I'm leaving!

:D :D :D NOT :D :D :D
Relax Kurt. I too have driven the new Tundra and my impressions are not the most favorable however it is FINALLY full size and more American than any other Tundra. That being said, the previous generation Tundra felt nice and the interior from 00-04 is by far the best.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well you what, everyone's got their own opinion of the '07 Tundra, and in your case it's the CrewMax. If you feel it's butt ugly, so be it. I bought a Crewmax because it fits my needs. I very seldom have the need for a 6' bed, and the 5 1/2 ft bed on the CM is perfect for me. I loved my '04 DC, but this '07 is a totally different animal.

At least Kurt is a current '05 DC owner giving us his opinion:tu: I love everything about my '07 CrewMax:D

Cheers

·
Registered
457 Posts
I dont mind hearing other peoples opions, it gives me more reasons to think why my truck rocks. but I dont make fun of people stating their opions. to me the new tundra is a pefect size as I do alot to towing and hauling and dislike diesals. therefore it is a perfect match for me.others who dont need it for its size but need a new toyota there is a tacoma wich is pratically the same size as the old tundra. all they need to do is drop in a 4.7 and the taco would be one sweet truck!
the old Tundra is still way bigger than the new Tacoma.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I traded in my 05 DC last week for a crewmax. Don't get me wrong the 05 was a great truck but it always left me wanting a little more. I test drove a couple of 07 double cabs but was a little disappointed in the size of the rear cab. When the CM came out I decided it was a perfect fit for me. Yeah I know it's only a 5 1/2 foot bed. But I can still get my YZ back there, and I picked up a yard of fill dirt yesterday, and the driver had no problem dumping it in the bed. And the freakin thing hauls ***. I love it.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Sweet truck, I noticed the "drive by wire" hesitation I've heard some call it---I call it downshifting. ;) BTW, my 05 does it, too.
Kurt
Just FYI, the "Drive by Wire" technology that you are talking about has nothing to do with shifting (that is more a function of the logic that governs the transmission). "Drive by Wire" essentially eliminates the gas pedal from physically opening the air valve to let both air and gas enter the engine (as has been done for decades and decades). It replaces this systems with an electronic controller that does this remotely at the engine. The result is actually quite the opposite of your statement. There is virtually little, if any lag time between when you touch the gas pedal and when the valve opens up. It eliminates that "lag" that has been on virtually every automatic vehicle for the past several decades...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just FYI, the "Drive by Wire" technology that you are talking about has nothing to do with shifting (that is more a function of the logic that governs the transmission). "Drive by Wire" essentially eliminates the gas pedal from physically opening the air valve to let both air and gas enter the engine (as has been done for decades and decades). It replaces this systems with an electronic controller that does this remotely at the engine. The result is actually quite the opposite of your statement. There is virtually little, if any lag time between when you touch the gas pedal and when the valve opens up. It eliminates that "lag" that has been on virtually every automatic vehicle for the past several decades...
I know, I was being sarcastic...after reading another thread...I'm an electronics tech, and 'lectricity travels at oh, about the speed of light. I doubt anyone on earth could notice a hesitation... :cool:

Oh, and to clarify my earlier statements that SO offended some; the butt ugly part if due to the long body/short bed on the crewmax. Just doesnt look right. If the truck had a long bed on it it would look cool to me, who cares if it's longer. And I concur with someone's disappointment about the double---not an AC, but not really a DC either...kind of a 1/2 a$$ compromise... :(

The coolest truck I saw on the lot BY FAR was a black reg cab 4X4 5.7. The chrome ring thing on the front is black. I saw it from the front and the first thought I had was DANG that's cool looking. And talk about a BED!!! :D

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
And that's why you posted, right? :rolleyes:
I agree with you KurtH, if you are going to get a truck that big, it's kind of a waste if it's not a diesel. Something that big and designed to actually pull something doesn't need a gas engine. I also agree it's ugly as sh*t. Way to make it look like all the other trucks out there.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
there is a tacoma wich is pratically the same size as the old tundra.
I am with Bennicde on this one too. I had both a 04 DC and 06 AC tundra which are absolutely not the same size of the 06 Tacoma DC I drive now. That is comparing apples to oranges. The new Tundra is an awesome truck imo and I didn't even ask to drive it when I bought my new Tacoma. That 5.7 powertrain would have fed my addiction big time easily winning over my voice of reason. :devil: I only wish I had a reason to own one. Enjoy your new rides everybody, life is too short :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
699 Posts
I agree with you KurtH, if you are going to get a truck that big, it's kind of a waste if it's not a diesel. Something that big and designed to actually pull something doesn't need a gas engine. I also agree it's ugly as sh*t. Way to make it look like all the other trucks out there.
What do you think the old tundra has a totally different look then other trucks? if you think that you need to get your eyes checked. the prev gen tundra looks just like every truck out there as well. I would like to see you sit down and try to design something that people would like, that looks totally different then everything else on the road. I guarantee you, that it is damn near impossible.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
What do you think the old tundra has a totally different look then other trucks? if you think that you need to get your eyes checked. the prev gen tundra looks just like every truck out there as well. I would like to see you sit down and try to design something that people would like, that looks totally different then everything else on the road. I guarantee you, that it is damn near impossible.
hmm where are you coming from? the older tundras dont look like any other trucks out there. oh really i think it's just a lack of willingness to do some extra engineering and design. Heck they can design them the same its not too much harder/easier whichever haha to make them different.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts