Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Tundra to the dealer for an oil change yesterday and the service writer tells me the truck comes with full synthetic from the factory. Is that true?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I took my Tundra to the dealer for an oil change yesterday and the service writer tells me the truck comes with full synthetic from the factory. Is that true?
Apparently that's true according to someone else on this forum. Check out this thread regarding "When to do first oil change"

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/94295-when-to-do-first-oil-change/

I worked out a deal with my Salesman at the time the order was placed for my CrewMax. I get free oil changes for 7 years or 100K miles:tu:

Full Synthetic oil direct from the factory is sweet:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I guess $45 + tax, which is what they charged me, for an oil change with 7-8 quarts of factory full synthetic isn't bad.

Wow, you got a great deal on the free oil changes! I never think to try to get stuff like that added when I buy a car. Next time I'm gonna go in with all the stuff I want to negotiate written down.

·
Registered
237 Posts
So I guess $45 + tax, which is what they charged me, for an oil change with 7-8 quarts of factory full synthetic isn't bad.

Wow, you got a great deal on the free oil changes! I never think to try to get stuff like that added when I buy a car. Next time I'm gonna go in with all the stuff I want to negotiate written down.
$45 + Tax every 5K miles is not bad at all for full synthetic oil.

I was adament on getting oil changes for free and the bushed stainless steel running boards as part of the deal. If I do keep this truck for the full 7 years, it's a pretty decent savings on oil changes alone.

Cheers.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I took mine in and spent $69 and was told that there is no synthetic 0 weight oil out for this engine yet. Someone needs to clear this up!

·
Registered
96 Posts
The oil in my truck from the factory is yellow, I've never seen yellow oil before. It is also about a 1/4" to over the full line

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I thought I rememberd seeing something like the 5.7 holding about 9 quarts of oil. If that is the case, getting an oil change for $45 is pretty good! My guess of course is that it is just regular oil... synthetic oil is a good 6 quarts and that means $54 + $6 oil cartridge for the average consumer means $60 before any labor is involved. I would think that Toyota would charge $75 to $80 for this type of service unless they're using regular oil.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Did you actually watch them put that exact oil in your truck?

Hell, i think i'll take my truck to the dealer from now on for an oil change.

·
Registered
848 Posts
i am honest ... at my shop if i say i am using dealer oil thats what i put in ... and my customers are welcome to stand next to me while doing so ...

·
Registered
389 Posts
i am honest ... at my shop if i say i am using dealer oil thats what i put in ... and my customers are welcome to stand next to me while doing so ...
Well then I need to have a little talk with my dealer who insisted synthetic oil is not available in the required weight for the 5.7L.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If Toyota is using AMSOIL, I salute them. AMSOIL is the best oil on the market, and has been for some time now.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Well then I need to have a little talk with my dealer who insisted synthetic oil is not available in the required weight for the 5.7L.

when i called the dealer today to check the price of the 0w20 they didnt even know the part # so if they give you any trouble just give them this # 00920-1qt0w

i have a couple cases of this oil in stock and i ordered more of it today so i am not just dreaming this up ... all 07 camrys and scion TC's use this oil so i know its available

·
Banned
888 Posts
Just tell his nodipstickenass to stroll down to WalMart and COUNT THE CASES of 5W20 Mobil 1 :rolleyes:
Yes 5w20 will run just fine in these 5.7 Rice grinders :tu:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Kendall Oil whom used to manufacture oil and other fluids for Toyota was called by me about 2 weeks ago and they told me that EXXON MOBIL produced all Toyota fluids now and i asked them that why when i asked Mobil one if they were ever going to manufacture a synthetic ATF WS fluid they told me no? Guy at Kendall oil told me that Toyota probably has told them to keep this venture quite? I have been contemplating on calling Mobil back and asking them who manufactures Toyota fluids but Toyota parts Manager told me that kendall manufactured toyota fluids so i called and thats the answer kendall oil gave me??

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.