1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Too funny!! Too bad they wouldn't give you a run

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I parked next to a guy at the Package-Depot yesterday, and he had a brand new (2000 miles) Raptor with the 6.2L (he fessed when I asked him which engine he had). He said that he traded in his Cherokee SRT8 for this truck, and also drives a Vette (he's a retired something-or-another and now sells Amsoil)... Anyhow, he said the 6.2 is "ok" but nothing much compared to the other cars he drives, or drove (like his Cherokee). He said it was (props to you Mr Creosote) too heavy to be fast. I suggested he throw some street-tires on her & give her a go... I also asked him if he's used it for what it was intended for (off-road)... he said he parked on his buddies gravel driveway the other day :heh:

Nope - I like my Tundra better

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, you know why all the guys driving were geriatrics and the van stayed in front....it would be too tempting for a handful of guys like us to stay off the gas!! It was a nice to think about though. You guys seen the Yuma County Raptor yet?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I hope they didn't think that you pulled over on the side of the road to get a better look at the raptors. :eek: :D

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
I want an RCSB F-150 (2004-2006ish) and drop that 6.2 in it.. That would be sick....

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I want an RCSB F-150 (2004-2006ish) and drop that 6.2 in it.. That would be sick....
Had the last year Lightning ('04-old body style)..... GREAT TRUCK!!

I would be torn on what Ford motor to transplant.

Thinking if all out performance was the goal, the DOHC 5.4L GT/GT-500 is still their top dog.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Had the last year Lightning ('04-old body style)..... GREAT TRUCK!!

I would be torn on what Ford motor to transplant.

Thinking if all out performance was the goal, the DOHC 5.4L GT/GT-500 is still their top dog.

I have always had a "crush" on the Lightnings. I will one day own one.. :D

The 5.4 has an ungodly amount of performance mods, straight up sickening!! Wish the Tundras had the same problemm. :( Any pics of your old L?

·
Registered
918 Posts
I parked next to a guy at the Package-Depot yesterday, and he had a brand new (2000 miles) Raptor with the 6.2L (he fessed when I asked him which engine he had). He said that he traded in his Cherokee SRT8 for this truck, and also drives a Vette (he's a retired something-or-another and now sells Amsoil)... Anyhow, he said the 6.2 is "ok" but nothing much compared to the other cars he drives, or drove (like his Cherokee). He said it was (props to you Mr Creosote) too heavy to be fast. I suggested he throw some street-tires on her & give her a go... I also asked him if he's used it for what it was intended for (off-road)... he said he parked on his buddies gravel driveway the other day :heh:

Nope - I like my Tundra better

Yeah not too long ago I saw one parked across three parking spots in an Applebee's parking lot. If you're that concerned about dinging or scratching your off road monster that you feel the need to do that, somehow I doubt you've ever gone tearing full speed in it through the dessert like in commercials.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I have always had a "crush" on the Lightnings. I will one day own one.. :D

The 5.4 has an ungodly amount of performance mods, straight up sickening!! Wish the Tundras had the same problemm. :( Any pics of your old L?

Thanks for asking:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I second this notion!!! Now here is a vehicle that might get driven like a T.V. commercial!!!:D

Got one of those.........kinda hard to take 2 or 3 passengers and a cooler with 'ya though!!:beatsme:

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
My DC weighs 6000 lbs (with the cap on and me in it). I have been to the dump and on the scales, several times. I even tipped the scale at 5800 the one time I didn't have the cap on, so it looks pretty accurate !

·
Registered
40 Posts
A better Raptor. Lighter, cheaper.

Those are pretty cool, but a better, faster, and cheaper ride is the YZF 450. A buddy of mine had one of those, I toasted his ass on my old 03' Banshee in Glamis one year, killed him going up Oldsmobile Hill. He never challenged me ever again after that. Just my two cents....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts