Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was time for my first oil change on the new Tundra. I was interested to see if it was as easy as my old Tacoma......:td:. It isn't. For petes sake, 7 bolts on the skid plate, 3 screws, and a couple good wiggles to get it off there. Then, a "cartridge filter", I havent seen one of those since I was a kid. I did find a neat little trick to get that thing off tho. My small socket extension actually fits perfectly into that little square. What should have been a 15 minute ordeal took an hour. Oh, well, just feeling *****y today.

P.S. I had to order a grill from sparks after having an epic fail with my current one.:confused:
$205 shipped

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Well, it was time for my first oil change on the new Tundra. I was interested to see if it was as easy as my old Tacoma......:td:. It isn't. For petes sake, 7 bolts on the skid plate, 3 screws, and a couple good wiggles to get it off there. Then, a "cartridge filter", I havent seen one of those since I was a kid. I did find a neat little trick to get that thing off tho. My small socket extension actually fits perfectly into that little square. What should have been a 15 minute ordeal took an hour. Oh, well, just feeling *****y today.

P.S. I had to order a grill from sparks after having an epic fail with my current one.:confused:
$205 shipped
Please tell us about this epic fail!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to paint my factory bumper after sanding down the chrome. Needless to say...it was an EPIC fail!!! I had it all the chrome off sanded down nice and smooth. Did a few coats of adhesion promotor, then few coats of primer, and then painted it. It looked great for about 30 minutes and I dont know if there is too much humidity or what but now it appears heavily "textured" and cracked. Friggin blows!!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
That's weird... I did the same mod with my '07 (Silver Sky paint) - sanded it down, used regular, basic primer, then applied the paint, then a clear-coat. It held up just fine, and no cracking or textures. This may be an obvious question, but you did a very thorough cleaning after you sanded, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts