Toyota Tundra Forums banner

So then how bout Salsa or Blue Streak

4K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  terry mc 
#1 ·
Title says it all

#7 ·
I really really really wanted black, and when I went to test drive/buy they had the truck I wanted (black dc 5.7 blah blah blah), but upon further inspection it was a 4x2...So that ruined that truck...I did end up with the salsa pearl red, and to be quite honest, its really grown on me the past 2-3 weeks to the point that i like it better than the black (it definately gets more attention imho)

#12 ·
How about making your own choices in life like a grown up would? :p

Seriously though... you've made a few of these threads, we're not going to be able to tell you what you'll like... go check them out, pictures on the computer are nice but seeing them in real life is better. Go see them, check out the interior combinations that are available, you'll find a color you'll want...

#13 ·
RE: So then how bout Salsa or Blue Streak
Title says it all
Our '04 VW Jetta is "spice red". It's not too far off. It does look nice when clean, but it gets dirty VERY quickly. Dust is not nice to that colour, let alone dirt, mud, grime, salt, etc, etc. On top of that, the car is a rock magnet and the rock chips are extremely obvious. Plus we are getting car wash swirls.
I usually get lighter or earth colours, this was one exception and I do not like it. White, silver, taupe, gold, pyrite, etc are my choices, they hide imperfections better and stay cleaner longer.

#14 ·
How about making your own choices in life like a grown up would? :p

Seriously though... you've made a few of these threads, we're not going to be able to tell you what you'll like... go check them out, pictures on the computer are nice but seeing them in real life is better. Go see them, check out the interior combinations that are available, you'll find a color you'll want...
I am a little on the obsessive side, so I actually have to dwell and obsess on the color choice. I won't stop obsessing until about a month after I get it.

I am already wondering of the color I ordered yesterday was the correct one. Slate was the color i picked.

#15 ·
Has anybody seen the pyrite mica on a DC? In the Tundra brochure it looks kinda brown but online it looks like it has a green tint. They don't have one in this little podunk town I call home.I ordered slate but I'm agonizing over my decision. Looks like it will show dirt real bad.

#16 ·
The pyrite is very nice. Almost switched it to my first colour choice but then I'd REALLY be waiting for my crewmax.
Yah browny/green-ish sort of colour.

I've had the dark grey/slate before, it is nice, believe it or not it is not horribly dirty.

#17 ·
I'm in-between slate and pyrite, also. I have a slate metallic Ram right now so I'm thinking about a change. The one Tundra I have seen on the road must have been pyrite because it was darker than desert sand. It's not greenish like the websites show. I think it would hide dirt well because it's fairly close the color of dirt. :eek:

#18 ·
I saw a pyrite DC Tundra and it does look good. I ordered Slate but Pyrite would be my 2nd choice.:cool:

#19 ·
Both really are attention grabbers! Only problem with that could be law enforcement notice it too. Had a '69 Z28 that was hugger orange w/white racing stripes:devil: . It came with a hiway patrolman in the rearview mirror.:td: Had so many moving violations in that car that the DMV offered to take my drivers license if I didn't change my driving habits. I changed cars and slowed down as well. Back in the 60's and 70's things were different. No radar!:D

#20 ·
between the two colors I would go with Salsa that must be why there should be one at my dealer next week. My first choice though was nautical blue as someone else mentioned, but it had too long a wait right now. the blue streak is sharp but I think there are too many cars and trucks at or around that color out there already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.