Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any snapless soft covers out there for the new 07's??

thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
Any snapless soft covers out there for the new 07's??

thanks
We installed a Truxedo Lo pro and it looked good .....I have had them on some of my other trucks and loved them,,,,

·
Registered
528 Posts
Check realtruck.com. I picked up my Access tonneau from them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There's been a lot of discussion about bed covers for the new Tundra, but I haven't heard anyone specifically mention a cover that allows continued use of the Deck Rail system.

Does the Access cover require the Deck Rail to be removed? Are any modifications required on the bed liner (for example, the install video online shows a rubber seal being applied directly to the top of the front bed wall but my bedliner overlaps this - can the seal be applied over the bed liner or does that need to be trimmed?)

Anyone have any first hand info on any bed cover that allows continued use of Deck Rail system?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's been a lot of discussion about bed covers for the new Tundra, but I haven't heard anyone specifically mention a cover that allows continued use of the Deck Rail system.

Does the Access cover require the Deck Rail to be removed? Are any modifications required on the bed liner (for example, the install video online shows a rubber seal being applied directly to the top of the front bed wall but my bedliner overlaps this - can the seal be applied over the bed liner or does that need to be trimmed?)

Anyone have any first hand info on any bed cover that allows continued use of Deck Rail system?
yeah, Good question. I will have the deck rail system on my truck?

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Can you clarify? Are you saying that you have the Deck Rail system and the cover does not interfere with it? How does the cover attach?
I do not have the deck rail system..sorry for the confusion. I will get a few pix

·
Registered
79 Posts

All roll-up covers I find need the deck rail system removed. I've been in contact with agricover, the folks who make access covers and they plan to have one that works with deck rail systems out sometime this month. I'll be sure to post it when it comes available!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have installed the Extang Trifecta tri-folding soft top from autoanything.com for less than $300. It attached to my deck rail system with brackets. There is a metal block with two threaded holes that slides into the deck rail. Then a meta bracket gets screwed to the block via the two holes. The soft top screw clamps to two brackets at the cab end and has two pull down spring clamps at the tailgate end. I installed it in less than 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have installed the Extang Trifecta tri-folding soft top from autoanything.com for less than $300. It attached to my deck rail system with brackets. There is a metal block with two threaded holes that slides into the deck rail. Then a meta bracket gets screwed to the block via the two holes. The soft top screw clamps to two brackets at the cab end and has two pull down spring clamps at the tailgate end. I installed it in less than 1/2 hour.
Cool. How about some pictures, inside and out?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yes, pictures please!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does the Deck Rail mounting seem as good as the conventional mounting? Is the end result pretty much waterproof?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does the Deck Rail mounting seem as good as the conventional mounting? Is the end result pretty much waterproof?
The deck rail is very solid IMO. It hasn't rained since I installed it but after a good car washing, I did not notice any leaks. The seals seem very tight all the way around. See my post "Pics of my new rig" for exterior pics. I have attached interior pics to show mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
The deck rail is very solid IMO. It hasn't rained since I installed it but after a good car washing, I did not notice any leaks. The seals seem very tight all the way around. See my post "Pics of my new rig" for exterior pics. I have attached interior pics to show mount.

RVn' Papa,

I can't thank you enough for the info & pics you provided. I'm going to order mine right now :ts:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Do those "hook" slide fore/aft easily so you can move the cleats around as needed when the cover is off?

What kind of bed liner is that? Does it come with the rubber mat?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Do those "hook" slide fore/aft easily so you can move the cleats around as needed when the cover is off?

What kind of bed liner is that? Does it come with the rubber mat?
The "hooks" don't slide until you loosen the two allen head screws first. The cleats have plenty of room to slide between the hooks (or one between and one behind the cab end hook). The bedliner is a permaguard which came with the Tundra (port installed). I add the bed mat so that things don't slide around. I had to trim the bed mat several inches on the sides and at the cab end because they are not made to go with the bedliner which has those soft curves at the corners. Anyway, I'm happy with it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts