Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 V6 Tundra, regular cab, short bed.

Does anyone have a solution for where you put your iPod while plugged into the handy dandy MP3 Aux jack? Ideally I would like to find a replacement for the ashtray (which I will never use) to hold an iPod. Any other ideas better than trying to hold it in your lap?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've seen holderd from belkin that expand and sit in one of the cupholders. I have one for my XM radio..

Good Luck..

·
Registered
67 Posts
www.proclipusa

The best iPod mount I've ever had handsdown...and I think I've tried them all, I have a drawer in my garage where they all go to die to prove it!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have to give a big thumbs up to anything from Ram Mounts. RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

If you have some electronic device you want to mount anywhere, they probably have something to take care of it...

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Here's what I found at my Toyota Dealer's parts dept...works excellent and the vent still functions and moves just fine! :thumb:

With my new Dare that will replace the Ipod.

Ipod

Empty

·
Registered
135 Posts
MXS, how much does those cost? also i've had the air fresheners what you stick in your vent and after using them the vent wouldnt stay in a certain position, do you see this being a problem?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
MXS, how much does those cost?
I think it was 15 or 20 bucks.

also i've had the air fresheners what you stick in your vent and after using them the vent wouldnt stay in a certain position, do you see this being a problem?
Nope, not at all, at least where I have it clipped... (the bottom horizontal deflector blade)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was going to make a mount off of the top of the third seat for when it is folded down but I bought a new radio that controls the ipod so I am going to hide it in the glove compartment instead.

Steve

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
has anyone looked into the ipod interface that toyota offers? i've been thinking about doing that, but wanted to get some feedback before i take the dive.

·
Registered
525 Posts
top glove box...

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
i have multiple ipods for specific applications. In my truck, i use a nano (the squarish one). Since it is dedicated to my truck, i used some self-adhesive velcro and it gets attached on the panel just above the small rectangular storage in the dash .. so it is just to the left of the aux plug and below the 4x selector. Works great and i got silver so it blends with the dash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found a perfect solution, at of all places Wally World (Wal-Mart). About $50 got me a iPod mount with little adapters that fit all shapes and sizes of adapters. It plugs into the cigarette lighter and also charges the iPod. It holds the iPod in the adapter case on the end of a flexible mount that you can angle any way you desire. I think it is made by Belkin, but I don't have the truck here right now. Works great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts