Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short I put a deposit down (1k) for a tundra to be built feb 2nd and well it is now april as we all know and still no truck and here is why......
dealer claims that toyota messed up his order and put gray interior in the truck and not black and then tries to sell me the car at an extra 1700 dollars. well I tell him look if you cant get my car I want my deposit back.....his response

I can fix things thats what I do let me figure this out.....give me some time...

im thinking in my head I gave you 2 months already plus waiting for my truck anxiously....and yet you still have my 1k.

I ask if I can reorder the truck again....

responds back....let me fix this for you....

just pisses me off I wasted all this time waiting for a truck anxiously for what I wanted and now its not even the truck I wanted.....had to fckin vent :mad:

in the end I belive he just found a car from another dealership and is trying to pull it off like it came straight from the factory. I found those gray interiors with black exterior many times, but not a black on black......I believe im in for a fight to even get my 1k deposit now....:td:

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
you can look on the window sticker and it says the original dealer destination on the lower right corner

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah i'd demand my grand back and go elsewhere. he didnt even order it. hes just hoping it comes across somewhere where he can get his hands on it. u been taken for a ride, need to go elsewhere and call toyota and complain.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Man that sucks, hang in there.

Why not let the dealer have 48 hours to come up with the exact truck you want (via dealer swap, chicanery, magic, whatever) - and if he fails you get your deposit back and start over with some other dealership. Once you've zero'ed in on the deal you want to get features & price wise, it isn't so bad to phone-shop with dealers who have the vehicle you want - which you can spot on their web sites, generally...

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
u know i stay away from that forum for a reason...just tryin to read the threads drives me nuts hahaha its like all the uneducated dimwits all came to one place to try to carry on a conversation... TS =much better haha.
I couldn't agree more, but I do have to stop in over there from time to time.:eek:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you have a good point JJwalker i will do that...in fact give him till may 1st to see if he can get my car before may 14th timeframe. I was going to settle, but changed my mind because I want the black on black crewmax with front bench seating I have viewed many pictures and saw one and he had to special order his also dont think I should settle for something else....
reps given bro..:tu:
Man that sucks, hang in there.

Why not let the dealer have 48 hours to come up with the exact truck you want (via dealer swap, chicanery, magic, whatever) - and if he fails you get your deposit back and start over with some other dealership. Once you've zero'ed in on the deal you want to get features & price wise, it isn't so bad to phone-shop with dealers who have the vehicle you want - which you can spot on their web sites, generally...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I couldn't agree more, but I do have to stop in over there from time to time.:eek:
I stop there time to time lurking still looking for information on dealers it seems there are some dealers there that promote themselves which I like. TS is more of a place for info the truck itself, tundra, and TT is more of sales place for it. people like tonyspin and others are educated about the truck prices sad he does not come here more often though talking about prices and stuff..learned a lot from him when I was there. :tu:

·
Registered
112 Posts
DON'T SETTLE! You'll be driving it around for years, and if anything is amiss, you'll be thinking about it - especially when that perfectly configured truck zooms by in the opposing lane. Get 'er done!

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Run don't walk to another dealer. When I got my truck, I settled for a DC cause the CM was hard to get. Then he tried to screw me on the deal after I accepted it. I left and went down the street and got the CM that I originally wanted.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Sounds like a con-man to me trying to "make this right for you". What the he!! does that mean anyway? The only way to make it right is to order the truck exactly the way you want it and to honor the numbers you agreed on. Now, IMO, if they could come up with a very sweet deal on something close, then I might reconsider. But not honoring your original agreement is a big :td:

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
I stop there time to time lurking still looking for information on dealers it seems there are some dealers there that promote themselves which I like. TS is more of a place for info the truck itself, tundra, and TT is more of sales place for it. people like tonyspin and others are educated about the truck prices sad he does not come here more often though talking about prices and stuff..learned a lot from him when I was there. :tu:
How do you lurk when you are BANNED from TT?:jaw:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How do you lurk when you are BANNED from TT?:jaw:
what do you mean? you can still visit the website...I like to read what other members are paying for their prices.....you can still register, read, etc..on the website even if your banned or not....in fact tecka posted something about the midnight tailgater from the brooks and dunn tundra...way too much for me personally :)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
what do you mean? you can still visit the website...I like to read what other members are paying for their prices.....you can still register, read, etc..on the website even if your banned or not....in fact tecka posted something about the midnight tailgater from the brooks and dunn tundra...way too much for me personally :)
now I'm curious....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts