Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, you live in a big city, you're sure to encounter some shady people. I guess it was my turn this past weekend. I parked my Sequoia Friday night on the street and didn't move it until the following Tuesday. In that time, someone crawled under and sawed out the passenger side catalytic converter. So, I've made a police report and reported it to my landlord. However, I'm sure the thief is really enjoying the fruits of his effort -- a worn out cat that was in need of replacement soon anyway!

My question to you folks is, has vehicle vandalism or theft happened to any of you? What measures can I take to ensure he doesn't come back for the replacement? I've been thinking of having a "skid plate" made and put into position just to have a layer of deterrence for that side. So you think something like that would work?

·
Registered
61 Posts
There are some threads about this a while back. I ran into a bunch of them while researching aftermarket cat replacements. There was a guy that was going to fab some bracket that makes it more difficult to access the cats like you're talking about. he didn't share any pics of the idea but his solution was more expensive that replacing the cat so it wasn't clear if it would be a viable solution.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$250 was the replacement cost at my local muffler shop. I don't know of any dedicated 4x4 or truck shops around here, but I have seen some custom auto shops. I might inquire with them for ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts