Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the mall today and I walk out and look at the front end of my truck and what d I see a HUGE Dent in the front bummper right in the corner. I'm going to trade it in too, do you think this will effect the tradein value? Anyway I'm pissed there was no note or anything some people just dont care about others things.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I suppose it will depend on the dent, I suggest getting an estimate for the damage from a body shop.

If you don't know of one locally, Chico's in Bradford is a good shop, they are on 435 Dissette street.

If you know how much it will cost to get it fixed, at least the dealership can't tell you its more. If they say "We will take off $500" and you know it can be fixed for $300, then tell them take off $300 or you'll get it done yourself.

Why are you getting rid of your truck?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I was in the mall today and I walk out and look at the front end of my truck and what d I see a HUGE Dent in the front bummper right in the corner. I'm going to trade it in too, do you think this will effect the tradein value? Anyway I'm pissed there was no note or anything some people just dont care about others things.
I would check with Mall Security and see if they would rewind some film before they get rid of it!! Yes of course it will have a bearing on trade in especially if it is HUGE!! Good luck and happy shopping !! Park the new one out in the back forty or get ya a handi cap sticker, they are nice for door dings!!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
My '05 AC goes in the body shop next Monday to fix $1825.00 worth of damage some low-integrity dirtbag left for me to admire. Of course, no note. On a positve note, the body shop doing the work is literally within shouting distance from my house and they do beautiful work. Still aggravating, 'tho.:mad:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never knew this before but my girlfriends cousin owns a body shop:tu: . so shes going in tommorow to get fixed. He's only going tocharge me labour at 35.00 an hour. That sounds like a good deal to me, I just hope he does good work. I never even tought to check with mall security, I am going to go do that, nice thinking.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I never knew this before but my girlfriends cousin owns a body shop:tu: . so shes going in tommorow to get fixed. He's only going tocharge me labour at 35.00 an hour. That sounds like a good deal to me, I just hope he does good work. I never even tought to check with mall security, I am going to go do that, nice thinking.
They could be responsive but then again they could not?? justa thought, i used to work at Lowe's Home Improvement and was good friends with our LP Officer and someone broke into my truck in broad daylight!! 3 wonderful Albuquerque model citizens!! it was 2 pm middle of the day and they got it on video and even the guys casing the lot in the car they were driving, gave to APD but ya think i ever heard anything? NOT!! stole radio/cd by using pry bar which is stop for thieves!!justa rise in insurance prices over the lomg run!! good luck on repair!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I couldn't help but notice the irony between what happened and your UserID. Even so, I don't necessarily think it was a self-fulfilling phophecy, but you might want to consider that if it ever happens again :eek:.

Otherwise, I know exactly how you feel. Mine was less than a month old (still didn't have the permanent license plate yet) when I walked out and discovered some twit deposited a substantial amount of their whitish colored paint across several square inches of the left rear bumper. And that was after parking in out-of-the-way areas of the lot :mad: :mad: :mad:.

Glad to know you've got a remedy figured out. Even if you see that he does good work, you still might want to have another estimate or two, just to feel comfortable that his "hours" resemble the estimates of the competition.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Justwanted to report back on how my truck looks after it got bandaged up. It looks great, the dent in the front plastic came out awsome cant even tell it was there and then I had a huge dent in the back bumper from when I jackknifed my trailer (dont ask) and cant even tell it was there, it ended up costing $200 canadian. I am very happy with it. know I can get the full value for my trade in, thank god because I couldn't sleep I kept picturing it turning out with big runs in the paint.:D

·
Registered
459 Posts
At least it is not as bad as this. This happened after Huricane Katrina here in Fort Lauderdale. After they removed the tree it looked funny, both doors were still upright but with no body in the middle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
It was really brave of that little taco to try and save the tree! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Kinda looks good slammed, did that have a lift.
As far as I know, no. It was a yachties car, which means the boat and crew car(truck) was down here in Fort Lauderdale but the owner was I think in New York. Most yachties car will leave it stock just because they sit there most of the time. My truck could have had the same fate during Wilma, but I parked my truck in a different spot then normal. After the strom there was a huge ficus tree in the spot. Where I am standing would have been the tailgate of my truck.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts