Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I sign on the forum tells me there are 10 TSBs for my new truck. I went to the dealer today and the service department looked on the computer and says there are none for the 07 Tundras. Someone is wrong but who is it?

·
Banned
888 Posts
If one puts their correct personal info on the internet one should expect to receive SPAM !

;)

When I sign on the forum tells me there are 10 TSBs for my new truck. I went to the dealer today and the service department looked on the computer and says there are none for the 07 Tundras. Someone is wrong but who is it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
AllData lists 5 TSB's for the 2007 Tundra 2WD/4WD, however they are generic bulletins that apply to all Toyota vehicles. In fact the TSB dates are 4/4/06-10/24/06. Not to worry.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those seem to be TSBs that apply to many models, I don't see anything specific to the 07 Tundra.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Those are the TSB's the have been issued and are applicable to the '07 Tundra. Of those only 6 TSB's have been issued solely for the 2007 Tundra. 5 TSB's are related to Pre-Delivery Service and the 6th identifies correct wheel lug torque specs, they are:

PD001-07 2007 MY TUNDRA PRE-DELIVERY SERVICE (PDS)
PD002-07 SHORT PIN INSTALLATION DURING PDS
PD003-07 FRONT LICENSE PLATE INSTALLATION DURING PDS
PD004-07 INITIAL CALIBRATION OF COMPASS DURING PDS
PD005-07 TIRE PRESSURE WARNING SYSTEM INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
PG001-07 WHEEL LUG NUT TORQUE SPECIFICATION

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to ask them about those.

What is the wheel torque? I plan on doing a practice tire change this weekend. It's something I always do so I know what to expect as well as show the wife how to do it in an emergency.

Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'll have to ask them about those.

What is the wheel torque? I plan on doing a practice tire change this weekend. It's something I always do so I know what to expect as well as show the wife how to do it in an emergency.

Thanks
Per PG001-07
Alloys are 97 ft/lbs
Steel are 154 ft/lbs
Make sure you don't torque the alloys to 154, Tire dealer did this to mine and snapped two studs off.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the torque specs Willie!

Sorry to hear about your wheel studs. I can see the extra torque damaging the alloy wheels. I find it hard to believe that the wheel studs are of different tensile strength between alloy and steel wheeled vehicles?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Please make sure you take your new 07 Tundra to the dealer to ask them about the front license plate installation. Like I said generic, not to worry.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please make sure you take your new 07 Tundra to the dealer to ask them about the front license plate installation. Like I said generic, not to worry.

Mine already has a holder on it. Does this still apply? What's up with the TSB you are talking about?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts