Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Limited Blue Steak DC is ordered and a mere month away. The problem is I thought I'd stop by a dealer tonight and they had a silver SR5 CrewMax. Of course they were closed and the truck was locked, but good lord that was a nice looking truck!

After seeing the CrewMax, I am so tempted to change my order up and go with it over the DC. I still hate to part with that extra 4k (would get sunroof), but the CrewMax was just flat out gorgeous.

So, do I change my order and wait even longer, with spending more moolah? The bed size doesn't bother me, it's just those ever disappearing dollars. It would probably help me out if anyone had a picture of a Blue Streak CrewMax. Anybody have a Blue Streak CrewMax?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hmm;
I must admit, I haven't seen a CrewMax. I do, however, own an '07 DC and I have a family of 6 (4 kids 4-14). The DC is slightly smaller in the rear than my '06 DC, but it still has plenty of room for my 6' tall 14 year old. My vote, stick with the DC. Definately more bang for the buck (and they look better too!)
K

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't have buyer's remorse later, decide now what you want and pick the right truck for you

·
Registered
91 Posts
I love my DC in faster black:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was going to settle for the Double Cab until I got the opportunity to sit in the back of a Crewmax (and more importantly the wife got to sit it the back). It really is the best combo of SUV/Truck. Most SUV's can only sit 5 people comfortably, and it would be easy to sit 5 comfortably in the CM. When the wife said "I think we should get the Big one (crewmax)" it made my decision easier. She likes the room in the back and thinks it would be good if she wanted to ride in the back with the baby.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My Blue Streak Metallic Limited 4 X 4 with Graphite Leather interior is set to be built the week of April 9. If all goes well I should have it two to three weeks after that. I have not seen the Crewmax in this color yet but having seen the double cab in it I decided to go for it. I was able to find one thru a dealer that was optioned the way I wanted it. It will be the Limited as I stated above with 20" alloy wheels, moonroof, running boards, cold kit, mudflaps, carpeted mats and door sill protectors, exhaust tip, skid plate, and sonar. I worked a deal to get it at 7.5% under MSRP which I did not think was too bad considering this is a truck that has not even been built yet. I was also able to sell my old truck and the dealer is going to do a courtesy trade for me which saves me an additional $823 in taxes. I will post pics when I get it. I can't wait until it gets here:) :) !Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
My father was leaning highly on the DC until he sat in the back of a Crewmax. The shocked look on his face said it all before he ever said a word. And when he did speak he said, "WOW!" No lie. He then said...."You know, I can always tow a trailer if I can't fit everything in the bed"

He tends to haul people more often than gear in his truck. So it would only make sense for him to have Crewmax.

It's a decision you've got to make! Good luck man :tu:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Don't have buyer's remorse later, decide now what you want and pick the right truck for you
I once fell into the trap of grabbing a truck off the lot and cancelling my order. I regretted it bigtime!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree with the post Wait!....Wait, I am Waiting also. I took the DC overnight and the CM overnight. The CM is definitely THE way to go if you are looking for comfort for family members on long trips. I hate hearing, "she's touching me", so now I can put the kids in their own corners, have them recline on back and watch their portable DVDs and fall asleep peacefully. It's kind of like having a great wall of china to separate them and the second best part is, I will never feel another knee or foot in my back again!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't think there is a kid that can kick the front seat with the back seat pushed back. I just wish the current incentives in GST region included the crewmax (you get 2k on DC and 3.5k on RC). I don't expect my truck until late May-early June sooo maybe the incentives will make it to the crewmax by then.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Mark has the right answer. I you like the crew cab more then get that. I wouldn't get something that I didn't really want. Life is short, get the exact truck you want.:tu:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I waited a month for my CM. I got it last sat., and I am so glad I waited. Every time I see a DC or a new silverado(my other choice) I know I made the right choice. Best looking and best performing truck in town.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Have you seen the new Crewmax commercial? The black Crewmax makes me want to change my color choice from Salsa Red Pearl to black.... I know both colors will be a PITA to maintain, but black would be a bigger PITA.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just ordered a Crewmax Limited in Super White with Graphite Int.

It's worth the wait to me...:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts