Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I have searched and found no reference to my newly found problem...

On my 07 DC - I started the truck Tuesday morning and the Sonar goes into a blinking mode... Indicating front end signal. After reading the manual it says essentially "you have a problem ... go to dealer". Shutting off the Sonar shuts it down and no noise.

No rain, Not close to wall or object... did not hit anything. I noticed nothing prior to shutting off Monday night...

I will crawl underneath this evening and see if there is anything to see ... like a lose wire or dead rat or snake or whatever....

Any one have this problem before?? Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
598 Posts
My rear right used to do that, would be going off for no reason, but i just turned it off for a little bit then back on and it was fine. I'm sure it'll go out in september when my warranty is over

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
did u try wiping off the sensor??

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
3 years on the farm, gets harsh during winter days. Never had an issue so far.

Though sometimes I do forget to turn it off when the trailer is attached, surprises me when I back up :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took a look today... cleaned off the front and back. Can't see anything lose or whatever....

Same annoying noise letting me know it is not working.

Next time I am near the Dealer I will have them look at it...

Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mine did the same thing took it in and the right front sensor went bad. Took 5min to replace and haven't had a prob sense. Hope its under warrenty cause the sensor was like 200 bucks.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts