Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, the weather is starting to include rain again; however, I was able to record a couple sound clips. The first two links are the Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers; the third is the Stebel Big Daddy Horn Setup! I wish that the Doug Thorley Links sounded clearer though.

YouTube - Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers TK
YouTube - Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers TK2

YouTube - Stebel Big Daddy Horn Setup TK

Others that I have already posted from Gateway Race Track:
YouTube - 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Racing to a 14.78 in 1/4 mile
YouTube - 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Racing to a 14.71 in 1/4 mile

Man, I can't wait to get to the track again.......

Lowered pics to come after install in the next week!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Canon Vixia HF200 HD

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Definitely sounds much more agressive! Sounds great when you get on it for sure!

We bought it online! It is very compact. We are still learning all of its capabilities!
Video or it didn't happen!

Would your guy install mine for the same price or did he realize it's a PITA and would charge higher? lol

I wish I could get a set of the LTs, but I can't dump any more money into this thing.

-rockstate

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Video or it didn't happen!

Would your guy install mine for the same price or did he realize it's a PITA and would charge higher? lol

I wish I could get a set of the LTs, but I can't dump any more money into this thing.

-rockstate
If you are serious, I am sure that I could talk him in to installing yours for the same price. Let me know. There was a member selling his LTs for around $400 on here; check the classifieds as this was about a month or two ago....

Are you saying that you want videos of the headers and URD Sims? No problem if so, I plan to when I get the chance to get underneath the truck. I will get some sound from them as well from underneath.........

·
Registered
819 Posts
Glad to hear them finally on your truck. I think your truck exhaust sounds tinny, I think it might sound better in person. My exhaust is much deeper than your. I wish I had a camera that will handle the sound. I will try to find one someday. By the way your truck looks really slow compared to the purple truck and the track, LOL.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
If you are serious, I am sure that I could talk him in to installing yours for the same price. Let me know. There was a member selling his LTs for around $400 on here; check the classifieds as this was about a month or two ago....

Are you saying that you want videos of the headers and URD Sims? No problem if so, I plan to when I get the chance to get underneath the truck. I will get some sound from them as well from underneath.........
I wish man! Depends on what kind of money I make this summer.. but it seems like there will be a few hidden costs from just the $400+ install and not to mention the possibility of CELs and such.

Mind getting a few videos of some pulls from say a dig, 20, 40, and then that beautiful half throttle pull through the RPMs?

Hopefully next time I head through STL I'll be able to stop for about 20-30 minutes and go for a ride.

-rockstate

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MORNING GLORY:I will do my best to get some recorded runs and recording the MPH through some runs. It is not easy to find a safe private place around STL, but I will get it done.

RED4RR:The sound is very agressive. The camera does not do it justice. I will do it on a dry sunny day this weekend to give Red4RR and the rest of you the right sounds to hear. The Borla was already awesome before the headers. These headers honestly make it sound very mean and ready to blast off. Our trucks look better in person than in pics on here; this is the same for lighting and sounds that aren't seen or heard in person.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Like I said it will sound better in person, but you know my truck is better LOL. I will try to take a recording of my exhaust sometime, hopefully it will work this time. Not a bunch of popping.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like I said it will sound better in person, but you know my truck is better LOL. I will try to take a recording of my exhaust sometime, hopefully it will work this time. Not a bunch of popping.

Does Orlando or Tampa have a track for open-race nights like we have Gateway here in STL? It would be great to race it down there after getting the custom tune from Hesco's....

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yes, we got a 1/4 in Bithlo. I think tampa or lakeland has one also. I think it would really cool if us two could race each other.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts